Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Update'.
Found 3 results
This is the start of a list for people who have mailed in there parts to Pauly for Fabrication. Please list your last 3 digits of your guns id, what was being done and date you have sent in your parts. There was a workshop thread list before Pauly dropped off the grid. There are also many people who have sent in parts and were never on that workshop thread. So this list is for EVERYONE who have not received their parts back. This list is so everyone can actually find out how many people are out there missing very important pieces to their firearm. I hope that maybe in some way if this list is reviewed by Pauly that it can help him send our parts back to us (hopefully completed because he is the best.) Or just send them back just so I don't have a fully converted boat anchor. Starting things out 041-GBS-PPVCH-----8/11/13
INTRO: For those who didn’t catch my mega thread (tutorial) about me converting my stock Saiga last year, here's a quick recap. (Scene fades to the past)… I had just purchased my first Saiga ever in 7.62x39 complete with the infamous yet horrendous “Velcro mark”. As soon as I got that baby home I could see the graceful beauty lying underneath its grotesque hunting style furniture. AK’s are considered the ugly sister that one hypothetically would keep in the basement when guests came over, then let out to clean after the guests had left. It seems the majority find these guns to be downright ugly. I personally have always seen the not so subtle elegance that the AK possesses. Hopefully all of you can agree that this Saiga needed an extreme makeover (no relation to the TV show, is that trademarked?). At the time the majority of the work I had seen being done to Saiga’s were more so considered mods than an actual conversion or restoration. That’s all fine and dandy; everyone has his or her own preferences. But I wanted a close as legally possible (or at least possible to me at the time) revamp back to the assembly in Izhevsk where the rifle was taken off the assembly line for the AK-100 series and sent to the Saiga Sporting Rifle assembly (theoretical situation… seeing that Izhmash likely wouldn’t accept it). I wanted a rifle that looked and felt as identical to a genuine Izhmash AK-103 whilst also staying in the confines my state laws. I planned out what I wanted to do and what I was actually capable of doing. I wanted to complete all the work myself and not outsource any of the work if possible. I made a list, gathered references, asked the forum, looked up parts and supply sources, and researched a shit load of information regarding the actual design and build of an AK-103. I soon found out that the Saiga’s are identical in major components with the 100 series, with mainly visual differences. This encouraged me and drove me to actually finish my project. Which I posted step by step, picture by picture for all you lovely Saiga fans. It has now been a little over a year since I completed my project and I haven’t been posting much of anything lately (busy, busy, busy) on the forums, but for one reason I happened to re-read my original conversion thread tonight. After I finished going through the thread I realized that I helped give insight on some problems I had and ways to solve them for others that were attempting/planning on doing something similar. But I had also realized that I had left a bit of information out, and that I had learned a great deal about my gun since last year when I first converted it. To complete my conversion I had to learn and practice a couple different skills and processes (such as sandblasting, Parkerizing, etc.) that I had not known previous, and within the last year I’ve had time to practice and become better (shit at least I hope), knowledge that I couldn’t previously include in my posts. Also to include an update on the gun and the modifications I did, how their holding up, etc. Too conclude the end of this first post of my “RE-TUTORIAL>ROUND 2 REVAMPED” I want to say my goal by doing this is to help and give insight into a Saiga’s transformation from ugly as shit to a beautiful butterfly for all you lovely AK and Saiga owners out there. Even if you’re not into a full on conversion (I’m not judgmental), if you’ve got any questions about anything I’ll be covering just ask via this post if you can. So others can also know what’s going on. Andddd finally a summary of what I am going to include starting with…… -Every picture I posted in the original post, no download needed. -Revised information from original post for each picture included with new info. -Micro-intro for FCG removal, Sandblasting, Airbrushing, Parkerizing, Hydraulic Press removal (also press-less techniques) of old and installation of new barrel components, Options the old FCG receiver holes/Welding, Which parts between AK-47, AKM, AK-74, SAIGA’s, and AK 100 series are interchangeable, and other miscellaneous topics. -Updated info on how the gun has handled and how well the mods/paint has held up. -Also including updated pictures etc. etc. -Anddd probably some other stuff that I cannot think of right now. I will commence the start of thread main thread tomorrow.
I will have very good news Saturday/Sunday for everyone who is still waiting for thier gun(s). I don't have any spare time to check the forum before then, so I can't respond to any responses/posts. I will delete this thread when I make an update post. To everyopne (Local, or out of State)....when I contact you this weekend, I will do everything I can to make this right, in regard to the length of time past the original ETA. Thanks for the patience. Matt C&S