Pic of my new .223

Did the conversion myself.The flash hider and bayo are for a Fal rifle.I just dremeled off the front site base to the sight and the flash hider slips right on the barrel,perfectly,theres no threads on the FH so i silver soldered it permently with 1300 degree solder.Thanks go out to Cobra for some tips on converting the Bulgarian waffles,and Bravo26 for selling me a forearm for dirt cheap to help out with this and my 7.62.

G2 trigger

Kvar stock

Tapco saw grip

POSP 6x42 scope

Kvar bullet guide.

post-1029-1141273476_thumb.jpg

post-1029-1141273543.gif

Edited by Pointer
Crappy pic but you get the ideal.Did the conversion myself.The flash hider and bayo are for a Fal rifle.I just dremeled off the front site base to the sight and the flash hider slips right on the barrel,perfectly,theres no threads on the FH so i silver soldered it permently with 1300 degree solder.Thanks go out to Cobra for some tips on converting the Bulgarian waffles,and Bravo26 for selling me a forearm for dirt cheap to help out with this and my 7.62.

G2 trigger

Kvar stock

Tapco saw grip

POSP 6x42 scope

Kvar bullet guide.

looks nice....question about the bullet guide....once installed can you still use the original saiga 10 round mags?

Hey looks nice Pointer! :super: You should send me that handguard and let me put some badass vents in it. :smoke:

I can still use my factory ten. I just had to make a small "adjustment" to the front of it first to clear the feedramp. The k var ramp hangs over the back too far. If you make your own from some pipe it will work if it's shorter and doesn't hit the factory mag. Same is true with the 7.62x39. I just did one of those last week and it now takes both.

It looks awesome... my only concern is how did you index the FH?

I had one VERY similar to that one I tried to mount on an Mosin Nagant... and it *LOOKED* straight... but when the bullets zinged downrange 3 FEET HIGH at 100M... and then I looked at the FH and saw that they were leaving the TEENSIEST TRACE of copper residue.. I knew they were grazing the edge of the hider... not even enough to knock it loose and it was only on with a few set-screws!!

I would just like to point out a potential concern... I prefer all of my fellow Saiga lovers to be able to enjoy their rifles/shotguns without injury, loss of body parts, booboos or ouchies.

:smoke:

The flash hider was a perfect fit over the barrel ,no wobble at all.Its made for a 308cal so the exit holes large enouph to compensate for any variation from the .223.Cobra,i may take you up on that,il think about it.

It looks awesome... my only concern is how did you index the FH?

I had one VERY similar to that one I tried to mount on an Mosin Nagant... and it *LOOKED* straight... but when the bullets zinged downrange 3 FEET HIGH at 100M... and then I looked at the FH and saw that they were leaving the TEENSIEST TRACE of copper residue.. I knew they were grazing the edge of the hider... not even enough to knock it loose and it was only on with a few set-screws!!

I would just like to point out a potential concern... I prefer all of my fellow Saiga lovers to be able to enjoy their rifles/shotguns without injury, loss of body parts, booboos or ouchies.

:smoke: