Vepr 12 : Tactical Hog Slayer Edition

My buddy Steve Eaton sent me these pictures. This is his Tactical HogSlayer Vepr12 setup. Decked out with a custom Brass Catcher from the guys at Tactical Brass Recovery , Steve uses this gun to help with the nasty feral Hog problem they have in Oklahoma. While airborne. In a Blackhawk helicopter. 

The brass catcher allows him to track down and exterminate the pesky critters without throwing brass into the cockpit, onto the pilot, etc. AlfaArms handgaurd, GK-03 and Vepr 12 ALG trigger from 4Range, Inc. and also makes excellent use of the SGM Tactical 25 round drum. For anyone that doesn't know, "Vepr" is translated from Russian, it means "wild Boar". Too goddamn cool.

vo9VtzM.jpg?1
JYmixvU.jpg?1
52fkNEX.jpg?1
9o1cObP.jpg?1

-V
  • Like 4

He uses #4 buck 27 pellet on an open cylinder!

Why Not a rifle? Because what could be better than slaying hogs with a weapon named after a hog??? :)

I think they are able to fly pretty damn close to the ground in that Blackhawk so he's getting a nice spread close up and just able to spray them down with that hail of 1325fps pellets.

-V

• Like 1

Not the first similar setup. I know jim lambert built a bunch of his adkal less adkals for professional hog killers, and I've seen a few posts of the same thing with saigas.

Yes I've seen the Akdal hog slayer video. Actually pretty cool.

But now we got helicopters involved, Bro.

Also we all know that the Vepr 12 platform is INFINITELY superior to the Akdal in every way.

I just think Steve's gun is very well done. Still could benefit from a stock conversion, optic, and maybe even some internal chokes.

-V

Also we all know that the Vepr 12 platform is INFINITELY superior to the Akdal in every way.

I just think Steve's gun is very well done. Still could benefit from a stock conversion, optic, and maybe even some internal chokes.

-V

His were on the heli hogn show, as well as another big company which uses copters. Firebird made  licensed heli-hogn guns for a while. The helicopters aren't new. There were even people in LA using an ultralight for hog killing with saigas a few years back too.

-V

His were on the heli hogn show, as well as another big company which uses copters. Firebird made  licensed heli-hogn guns for a while. The helicopters aren't new. There were even people in LA using an ultralight for hog killing with saigas a few years back too.

Ah ok, I was thinking of another video of someone driving around at night doing it. 

Way to rain on my parade lol.

-V