Mag loader for .410 drums and magazines

Hi all,

Total newbie here.

Anyone have suggestions for a magazine loader for my .410 mags and drum?

I tried loading my new Saiga .410 15-rd magazines and 30-rd drum by hand and it didn't go particularly well. Got the mags loaded to 12 and had to quit. Drum only took 10 before it wouldn't load anymore, at least not easily.

Any direction or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Search didn't yield any particularly relevant threads so I'm starting new. Sorry if it's been covered. Would appreciate any links if I'm oblivious.

Thanks.

I suspect that you are mostly going to get answers that involve memes about gym memberships. 

There simply isn't a big enough owner base to make a mag loader happen. The drum does have a slider on it to take pressure off of the spring as you load it. Were you using that?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

GunFun,

Thanks so much for the reply. Sorry for the delayed response, I never got a notification that someone had weighed in and I just now logged back in to check.

I appreciate the humor. Thankfully, no one else piled on. No, I don't think it's a strength issue; I have a pretty stringent weightlifting regimen. It has to do with downward pressure and the shells getting hung up on the brass edge of the previously inserted shell.

Color me clueless, but if there's a "slider" on this drum, I sure don't see it. Care to elaborate? It's a ProMag 30 round, .410 bore drum.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Yeah, we must have different models. There's no loading lever. I wish it were that simple.

I contacted ProMag and apparently I'm missing a separate, black, plastic, loader device. They were quick to offer to ship me one free of charge. I do hope it makes it easier.

That's what I get for purchasing second hand off of gun broker. Despite the A+ rated seller, tiny parts, no matter how vital, do have a tendency to escape one's mind.

Thanks again for the guidance GunFun. I'll be keeping my eyes out the model you're referring to.

• Like 1

If you google image search you will see what it is supposed to look like. I doubt they are in a hurry to make more drums for this obscure unimportable gun. If you like the drums, jump on any good deals you find.