Well, looks like it may be time to buy some 10 round mags, one for the weapon and four for my front pockets. lol. If it passes, my wife will be happy. The only reasons I won't go to NY and CA are because we have to go unarmed.

ETA: I forgot about that stupid "only 7 rounds in a 10 round mag" thing in NY. 3 mags for each front pocket...

I see this as a matter of convenience and it has little effect overall. They have done nearly nothing else for the past year and they need to get something for their re-election campaign to get votes. I'm so sick of these games. The dems run the train to the limits of the rails when they have power and all the republicans do, for the most part, is take a knee and try to run out the clock until the dems get it back. It is time to start ramming things down their throats until they gag!

• Like 5

Point of View ... Subjective ... Ignorant ...

National Reciprocity may be the way to go.  I have always wondered about State Reciprocity being in violation of the US Constitution.  Mainly Article 1 Section 10 which basically says no State shall inter into agreement with another State.

But ... what about individual State Second Amendment restrictions?  Oregon has no magazine limits.  No restrictions on lots of stuff including Machine Guns with proper Federal licenses.  Can I legally carry high cap mags into California?

No.  Can I visit remaining stupid family members living in California packing my concealed iron with high cap mags?  No.  Can I bring my machine gun along locked up in the truck locked up in a security box?  No.  Lots of stuff still illegal in CA.

But .... will the National Reciprocity Act demand a Federal 50 State Carry License?  Muddy legal area.  Any Constitutional Lawyers on this Excellent Forum?  Anyhow, a national carry act would be good.  I do not know about opening the NFA roles.

Respectfully.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

• Like 2

If it passes, we need a thread about things to consider before going into communist territory. Magazine capacity (at least CA, CT, MD, MA, HI, NY, NJ), ammunition importation? (CA), prohibited handguns (at least CA), and storage methods while not carrying (at least CA).

• Like 1

Simple fix - Any State that does NOT honor other States permits, than THAT States permits are not valid in ANY State except the one issuing it.

ALL permits!

NO California drivers license in TEXAS!  Keep your communist ideals in your own State. If you will not honor OUR CCW's, we will NOT honor YOUR vehicle registration or drivers permits. drive in our state and we WILL confiscate your car and JAIL you for operating an unregistered motor vehicle.

• Like 1

My fear is this: As the bill evolves and moves its way through the House and Senate, it is ammended. If national reciprocity becomes federally issued CCP, that is a scary proposition. With the abuses we have seen on the Federal level I can see exorbitant taxation permit fees, and/or ATF interpretation/opinion of the law to restrict carry rights or further other gun control measures. Any provision in this law which would turn over power from the states to the federal government in issuance of permit, better be met with strong opposition. Additionally the law better be written so that there is no gray area for the Left to interpret when they have power. Just my two cents. I hope we get it passed but I just hope that it doesn't open a can of worms with the federal government involved.

• Like 7

Point of View ... Probably Wrong Also ...

Spacehog nails it and thank you.  Fed involvement is not a good deal.  Nor desired.  But ... the big qualifier here is that we are dealing with a distinct written supreme law of the land ... the Second Amendment.  Not wiggle room.  Ideally no federal filtration.  No dilution.  No bull shit.

No State bull shit.  But we do not live in an ideal state of being.  We have what we have.  More bull shit.  What would Federal authorization of national carry do?  WTF?  Just what do the words  "Shall Not Be Infringed"  mean anyhow?  This whole thing seems like a barrel of snakes.

How can the Feds regulate something that can not be infringed?  Well, wake up HB of CJ.  We do not live in a free state.  My fear like shared by others here is that once you get the nose of the camel into the tent the rest follows.  Then camel shit.  More shit.  Lots of shit.  Oh shit.

Respectfully.  Shit.  :(

• Like 1

If I need a permit (PERMISSION) to carry my firearm anywhere I damned well please, that is an unconstitutional INFRINGEMENT. It needs to STOP.

If .gov is wary of citizens bearing arms, that is EXACTLY why the 2nd was enumerated.

If they are wary, they most likely have cause to be wary and should step down from office.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Deep Swamp full of liberal alligators.  What to do?  Dunno that.

As a historical reference only 3% of the Colonists in the British American East Coast wanted vigorously to separate from England.  Then the shooting started.  Most just wanted to be left alone.  They were not given that opportunity.  You were either for Freedom or you were against it.

Things got very nasty.  It lasted for 7 years.  Somehow we won.

• Like 2

France using it as a proxy war with England helped. I don't know how that would help here unless Putin or some other leader on most of the world's shit list backed our 3rd American Revolution hoping to get better treatment if the revolutionaries won.

• Like 1

Deep Swamp full of liberal alligators.  What to do?  Dunno that.

As a historical reference only 3% of the Colonists in the British American East Coast wanted vigorously to separate from England.  Then the shooting started.  Most just wanted to be left alone.  They were not given that opportunity.  You were either for Freedom or you were against it.

Things got very nasty.  It lasted for 7 years.  Somehow we won.

We won because of American determination and England's logistical problem.

It cost money to fight a war over seas, money they did not have.

When England failed to suppress our revolution in the first months they were doomed.

We had to hang on, they could not afford to. In the end the French knew it to.

• Like 2

I don't think we won.

Think about it.

The .gov is giving us PERMISSION to exercise a RIGHT.

WTF?

What .gov giveth, .gov may taketh away.

I guess you can feel free to welcome the British when they return to try collecting on their back taxes, then.

Irrelevant. We kicked them out. This isn't a British territory anymore. Were you asleep that day in school?

I don't think we won.

Think about it.

The .gov is giving us PERMISSION to exercise a RIGHT.

WTF?

I guess you can feel free to welcome the British when they return to try collecting on their back taxes, then.

Irrelevant. We kicked them out. This isn't a British territory anymore. Were you asleep that day in school?

You're the one who said you didn't think we won that war.

YAWN. I'll explain it real slow for you....

We fought against tyranny and later, made another for ourselves, that now, is so firmly entrenched, that it is extremely unlikely we'll ever be free of it.

Clear enough?

YAWN. I'll explain it real slow for you....

We fought against tyranny and later, made another for ourselves, that now, is so firmly entrenched, that it is extremely unlikely we'll ever be free of it.

Clear enough?

It's clear that you have no real concept of what it means to live under a true tyranny, nor of how much less tyrannical the US government is than what the British government that we threw off has become, or in fact how much less so it is than pretty much every other country out there.  Yes, the government has some tyrannical aspects to it, and the fight against tyranny here will never end, but for fuck's sake, if you are not a dirtbag, in pretty much every state you can legally carry a firearm most places.  There are very few other countries where an ordinary citizen can do that.  Yes, having to get a permit sucks (although a lot of us don't have to depending on where we live), and no, it shouldn't be that way, but compared to where we were a few short decades ago, it's pretty remarkable.  In my own state there was no lawful concealed carry at all when I finished high school, and now for many years no permit has been required.  When our first CCW law was passed here, lots of people refused to support it because of the "permission slip" aspect, and if those idiots had gotten their way we'd probably still have no lawful concealed carry.  And in fact there was a lot wrong with that first law, that had to be put there or it wouldn't have passed at all...  It's been rewritten by the legislature a number of times since, and while there is still some crap, for the most part we have it pretty good in Alaska CCW wise.

We've gotten to where we are now because a lot of people worked for a long time to advance the cause of freedom a little at a time, not letting the perfect, or the way things SHOULD be in a truly free world get in the way of taking a little bit of imperfect freedom here and there.  Right now we are still stuck with permits being required in most places, but even that is beginning to go away as more states have adopted constitutional carry laws.  National reciprocity is nothing more than the federal government living up to its obligation to enforce the Bill of Rights on those states which currently infringe upon it.  Making the states recognize each others' permits like they already do with driver's licenses, contracts, and pretty much every other public act isn't a grab of power, it is advancing the cause of freedom in the best way we have available.  Once all permits are recognized everywhere, and with every additional state that drops the permit requirement altogether, fighting to get rid of the need for permits entirely will become a more realistic goal.

We got closer to national reciprocity this time than any time previously.  It doesn't look like we are going to get it this time around, but eventually it will go through.  There will almost certainly be some things wrong with it that will need to be fixed later, maybe some of it we'll just be stuck with.  But freedom will be advanced, and tyranny will die a little bit more.  Maybe our grandkids won't have to get a permit to carry their laser pistols.  If that comes to pass, it won't be because we stuck our heads in our asses insisting that states' rights somehow trump individual rights, or refused to support reciprocity because it still requires a permit, for now.

Edited by Netpackrat
  • Like 2

I guess not. Sorry I couldn't explain it more clearly to you.

The .gov is giving us PERMISSION to exercise a RIGHT, endowed by our Creator.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1