MD Arms ceases drum manufacturing and sales

It is true. We have no plans to manufacture anymore MD-20 drums. We just sold our remaining stock. That stock came from the last run of drum made just after SandyHook. The market never recovered before the santctions were placed in 2014.

The KS-12 has potential but an exact clone of the Russian design was a big mistake on their part. The gas system of the Saiga-12 is severely flawed, just not as much as the Vepr and 433... It’s sad really because the KS-12 could have address all that out of the gate. Maybe they lacked the understanding of the system to improve it I thought. So I contacted them and offered free of charge to help them make a few simple changes to the design. I offered them the V-Plug design but in the format I wish I could have made it in for the Saiga-12. The KS-12 could easily have a much better gas system than possible with the stock Saiga-12 because the KS-12 could have the start/stop position of the gas block threads the same on every gun. They could also make those threads concentric to the chamber opening instead of off set to one side or the other. I could have given them a gas plug design that would be much more efficient than the V-Plug could be in the Saiga. It would have also kept the threads clean of fouling too. Might have added .50 or $1.00 to the manufacturing cost they have on the KS-12 now. I heard crickets in response. It’s a shame. Bottom line is if the KS-12 cloned the gas system they cloned in all the problems too. Over gassed with most high power ammo (weather realized or not) and struggling with low power ammo (realized or not)... I don’t think the KS-12 will be as well accepted as it could be because it carries basically the stigma handed down by the Saiga-12. I tried to tell a couple different people at K-USA that that stigma needed squashed and fast. Some understood but the ones there that make those decisions didn’t even bother to comment or respond. The Saiga-12 never reached a fraction of its full potential because the vast majority of people aren’t willing to roll the dice on getting a “good” gun or “bad” gun. The vast majority aren’t willing to by a 6, 7 or 8 hundred dollar gun and first thing get tools out and start working on it. I don’t blame them a bit either. The KS-12 will never reach its full potential either as long as it carries it’s dad’s name. And as long as the leadership fail to see the issue or understand the customer base... Oh well. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink...

Anyways... Thanks again everyone for supporting the MD-20 and MD Arms. I want to assure you we aren’t going anywhere and good things are in the works.

Sir, I have a Drum I purchased from your company, great product I need the screws that hold the cover plate in place. could you direct me to where I can purchase them, Thank you carlos