Glock ideas... how to knock the ugly off

I keep it holstered then I barely ever look at it and no one else ever sees it.

It becomes money well spent that way.

Moral of the story, leave it alone.

Nope. Can't do that. Nice gun, but FUGLY. If you enjoy it, it's money well spent. If not, then it's a waste.

Nope. Can't do that. Nice gun, but FUGLY. If you enjoy it, it's money well spent. If not, then it's a waste.

Enjoy the fact that it works and is an excellent carry piece. It's like mans best friend, always at your side.

Edited by Mullet Man

I'm considering a ground-up new build on a Poly80 frame.

It's winter and I want a project. I'll do the work myself.

I don't go out much when it's in the single digits.

Nothing HUGE money, and this will be used for carry as well as range use. So G17, 19, 23, or 34. Not sure if I'll do a standard or compact.

Hudson H9....

I think a slide with a place for a red dot and better grippy stuff looks better. There are some tasteful parts to chop a 17 into a 19 with a modest flared magwell too.

I think you can make a glock look worked over, but the lines don't leave room for pretty. It's a block. You can learn to like the simplicity, or put go-fast parts that make it look like an improved tool, but nothing will really make it look any more beautiful than it is.

Honda Civic with NOS stickers and a giant aluminum wing and some ground effects has its fan base, but it won't ever look as pretty as a car made to be pretty and sporty. The guy who has a honda with blacked out windows, slightly bigger tires, adjustible suspension and a modest turbo has made a more subtle cars that they guys who like to drive hondas fast will give the nod of recognition. IMO that's the best you can hope for with a glock aesthetically. Subtle functional improvement. Spinner rims and titanium nitride barrels with slide cuts are trying too hard.

Oh and the poly80s are OK. If you do one, get steel pins. Getting the factory plastic glock pins makes life harder than it needs to be. $5-10 well spent.

None of the tupperware guns are things of beauty, just utilitarian tools.

An engraved 1911 Colt , a nickle plated single six with ivory handles or a Luger are a few things of beauty,

A workhorse need not be pretty 

BH

Nickel plate makes it look like a toy, extensive engraving for me is "Meh".

I consider mirror polish blueing and nicely figured wood to be beautiful. gp100-ultimate-3-inch-high-polish-blue.j

• Like 2

I agree. I would put no more money into "beautifying" a glock, that I would put into dressing up a hammer. IMHO the beauty of a Glock is in its function. That said, the trigger can be greatly improved cheaply with a new connector and the 25 cent trigger job on YouTube. It can still be a fun project, I would just recommend focusing on improving the already great function of a solid and reliable handgun, as opposed to focusing on its appearance.

• Like 1

A Glock is a great handgun. No argument there, but what can be done to knock the ugly off?

Ah come on.  The Gen. 3 Glock (with the finger groves) is a thing of beauty. red_heart.gif

I'm considering a ground-up new build on a Poly80 frame.

It's winter and I want a project. I'll do the work myself.

I don't go out much when it's in the single digits.

Nothing HUGE money, and this will be used for carry as well as range use. So G17, 19, 23, or 34. Not sure if I'll do a standard or compact.

I just put two of those bastards together myself (was going through the flu and was bored).  Actually was a quite fun project. 032.gif

Sorry for the shitty picture (don't have Gimp on the current computer to rotate the picture).  The "fruity" laugh.png Robin's Egg Blue one is 9mm (Glock 17 clone), while the Olive Drab (looks black to me? unsure.png ) is .40 S&W (Glock 22 clone).

Haven't had a chance to field test them yet (too darn cold), but they appear to be solid. 032.gif

And sorry for the shadow in the picture, tablet was between the light source and what I was trying to photograph. laugh.png

post-88-0-15568300-1514676433_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gaddis

Well, I don't know about knocking the ugly off, but my rattly old heavily worn G22 has been evolving over the last year as I continue to carry it. I hardly ever have time to work on anything of my own anymore, but Christmas day afforded me a little time to finish part of it. I'll try to post a pic or two later and explain what I am doing with it. That was my gift to myself, some personal bench time, lol. I am mostly doing ergonomic improvements to it. I tried it out briefly at the range yesterday and I am hitting well with it a bit faster.

Sorry for the shitty picture (don't have Gimp on the current computer to rotate the picture).  The "fruity" laugh.png Robin's Egg Blue one is 9mm (Glock 17 clone), while the Olive Drab (looks black to me? unsure.png ) is .40 S&W (Glock 22 clone).

I see a dark grey one and a green one... Whathehel are you talking about?!  huh.png

Edited by Ronin38

I see a dark grey one and a green one... Whathehel are you talking about?!  huh.png

Just going by what the Spectre P80 box has marked on it.  The O.D. one looks like it has a little green in it (like Remington's "Seneca green" Nylon 66 :lol: ) if you look at it in bright direct sunlight (not anything like Glock's actual O.D. coloring), while the (supposed? :unsure: ) "Robins Egg Blue" frame looks closer to a Yeti turquoise big gulp tumbler in it's actual color.

Of course it doesn't help none that our kitchen (where I tried taking the picture in) is about as well lighted as the local Red Lobster with the crap energy efficient LED bulbs that are currently in the  lamp sockets. :rolleyes:  

This is my pistol as in the one that I use for everything, carry and HD. I stippled it where I need it, left it off where I don't. I stretched the thumb notch back a little as I like to shift my hand around to really wrap the booger hook around the trigger. After CNC school I hope to start drawing files for slide jobs. Burnt Bronze was already being sprayed, so thought I'd see what it looks like and didn't like it. I may do a multi-color on it just to do it.

post-22401-0-31641300-1514765567_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-75799100-1514765575_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-45128200-1514765598_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-26768300-1514765610_thumb.jpg

• Like 1