What is your favorite Saiga 12 build ever?

I would be inclined to agree with you, if it weren't for this one....

my saiga 12c exp-01-030 in thailand

14409843_1107623142607229_91834879169510

That's nice and simple. I like it, no crap hanging all over it. Looks like an 030/433 chopped to about 12" with an AK100 on it. That would be fairly easy to clone if you could find a decent 030 or 433 to start with.

I'm digging that furniture and the stain. Who made it?

I did from a blank of gray and black laminate. A friend's wife hooked me up when she worked at the factory that manufactured the blanks for many of the firearms manufacturers. I have another blue and gray blank in my basement waiting for a future project.

• Like 3

I would be inclined to agree with you, if it weren't for this one.... 

That's nice and simple. I like it, no crap hanging all over it. Looks like an 030/433 chopped to about 12" with an AK100 on it. That would be fairly easy to clone if you could find a decent 030 or 433 to start with.

I don't know gun laws in Thailand but that might be a factory SBS. I know they offered different barrel lengths from the factory that were destined to other places than the US.

I've only built one. There are none like it and it is perfect.

this thread is worthless without pics!!

Same picture as in my gallery...

I've never seen it before. Different for sure. Looks good. 

When did slant back S12's make it here? I don't recall ever seeing one.

When did slant back S12's make it here? I don't recall ever seeing one.

I had to cut it to get the thumb hole high enough. I built this pre-SafeAct, when the law was undefined about thumb holes on semi-auto shotguns, but named pistol grip semi-auto shotguns as assault weapons.

• Like 1

I took the evlblksbs down a while back and have been picking at it when I can, which is not very often. I suppose it would be my favorite if I wasn't so used to seeing it. It is evolving into what I always thought a no nonsense close and dirty SBS should be.

• Like 1

I've only built one. There are none like it and it is perfect.

this thread is worthless without pics!!

Same picture as in my gallery...

DSCN1828_zpsb48bde5b.jpg

Nice work, YOT. Very nice work.

• Like 1

Yeah. It was Bob Ash's.

I really tend to like the looks of any of them that are clean builds with AK74 styling and dinzag parts.

I think I saw one on ironwood a while back with teak tabuk style stock and a SVD ish flash hider that looked really good to me. Er that was a 308 saiga now that I think of it, but very pretty.

I think Juggs had one with a grey/green laminate that I liked too.

I've never really been a wood and blued guy, but somehow that is what looks best to me on these.

I do like the looks of the poly AK100 series folder. There was a guy who had a modified M243 car stock on his that was really slick. For modern and compact, that one might be my favorite.

• Like 1

My favorite S12 build is the one sitting next to me right now. If someone else’s Saiga is your favorite build, it’s time to get motivated to square yours away. That being said, I do like that mini saiga 12 that evlutionz makes. That thing looks like it weighs 2 pounds.

post-17393-0-93862700-1516249116_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pfmedic
  • Like 4

I never considered weighing my SBS before, but as far as the cheap digital scale we have at home says, it weighs 6.0 pounds. I had to weigh myself at 196.6 and then step on the scale with the SBS and yielded 202.6. I recently took more weight off of it before the refinish. For my intended uses and for what I designed that build for, it is my favorite, especially now that it finally has a proper finish on it. However, my eye is stealing away at something I am almost done with, as far as looks go, and now that it is all coming together I may forget all about Saigatech's Krink-12 in the looks aspect. It wouldn't be my favorite to use, but to look at it is almost perplexing and it is hard to look away as the mind can't believe what it is seeing. I hope others like it as I have put my heart and soul in it and it may end up being my crowning achievement for a while. I'll post some pics of it soon.

For now, my favorite shotgun to use for SBS purposes is definitely mine. By the way, this is the model for evl grade builds if customers would let me do what I want to. I'm hoping to add some QD sockets to it as an effort to eliminate the noisy sling loops and still be able to have a sling. No sights at all, snag free except for the handmade charging handle, side rail gone, internal safety stop, everything I can get rid of gone, handmade trigger guard, minimal handguard, etc. It is just a quick-n-dirty, very compact, very light, snag-free, close quarters devastator. I even reworked the trigger in it to yield a minimal pull, minimal reset AR-like 2 stage. When I get done with CNC school I may try to duplicate this trigger and offer it to others. Everyone who touches it can't believe it. I may start offering 6.5" builds after I get through what is already here and get through the remaining workload reservations. Before anyone asks, they will be very expensive. If you have to ask how much, you probably don't want to hear how much.

post-22401-0-07515600-1516281706_thumb.jpg

Gunfun, that's not a Saiga 12 build, lol. Looks like a handful though!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...