Illinois AG candidate robbed at gunpoint in Chicago during campaign ph

Can't make this stuff up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/12/illinois-ag-candidate-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-chicago-during-campaign-photoshoot.html

A Democratic candidate running for Illinois attorney general was robbed at gunpoint Thursday during a campaign photoshoot in Chicago.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Aaron Goldstein, 42, and members of his campaign team were approached by three men in their early 20s. One of the men had a handgun and demanded Goldstein and the campaign aides turn over the camera equipment and other personal belongings, including their cell phones, which they did. 

According to the Tribune, law enforcement sources confirmed that they had no one in custody and did not release a description of the suspects. 

Goldstein’s campaign manager Robert Murphy, who was not with the candidate at the time, explained that he was taking promotional campaign photos with an “in-the-neighborhood kind of” message, according to the Tribune. The incident took place in Albany Park. 

Murphy, a Chicago committeeman, told the Tribune that no one was harmed during the robbery, and that the campaign was assured by the police that the robbery was not a targeted act.

Goldstein, Murphy and campaign spokespeople did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Goldstein's campaign Facebook page posted a link to the Tribune article, with the comment: "Thank you all for your concern, well wishes, thoughts and prayers. My team and I are all good."

Goldstein is running for attorney general to replace Lisa Madigan and is part of a crowded field of eight vying for the Democratic nomination.

• Like 6

The bodyguards were probably busy doing a Harvey Weinstein/Anthony Wiener with some local Chi Town 'ho's when the robbery took place. greedy.gif

Anyway, the miscreants who did the robbery should be pretty easy to catch.  It's not everyday that someone comes into a pawnshop and tries to shill a Star of David necklace. 012.gif012.gifnaaaa.giflaugh.png

Oh, and BTW - Haiti really IS a shithole. naaaa.gif

http://www.returnofkings.com/148787/5-reasons-haiti-is-indeed-a-shithole-country

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 3

I usually don't like bashing on LEO's, but a lot of Chicago Police are dicks.  I was watching that show where the two dudes go around with metal detectors trying to find buried shit (they were looking for Al Capone era Prohibition crap) and a bunch of Steve Wilkos (who also acts like a dick most of the time :angry: ) looking Chicago cops started hassling them about the digging tools they were carrying.  Like WTF, do you expect them to stab a skin plug out of somebody, or go on a metal detector shooting spree? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

It wasn't even "the hood". It was only Albany Park. 

..which is what makes me think it was staged.

Watch for him to use it as an excuse for more heavy-handedness if he gets in office.

I'd lay money on it.

http://madworldnews.com/democrat-chicago-gun-control/

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Yep.  More I think about it I would not be surprised to learn the whole thing was fake.  Designed to buy him votes.  But also dangerous unless the CPD was in on it.  The CPD has so many cops for its population but also has the most crime.  I wonder if the local county criminal judicial system has a vested interest in letting things stay so bad?  No way? Yes?  Humm.  :(

• Like 1

After Bath House Barry, Michael LaVaughn Robinson, and Eric Holder, I think  you'd realize:

Chicago is the poster city for corruption. Top to bottom.

More criminals means more money for "law enforcement".

Why would they want to cut down on crime?

They'd be cutting their own purse strings.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 3

Let me get this right.

White Jewish guy went to the hood for pictures to use in his his campaign.

Sounds democrat to me.

All about the optics... until they lost the optics.

bad_smile.gif

I'm sure the few (still tax paying) Illinois residents will (be coerced) into correcting that little oversight. mad.gif

Edited by Gaddis

Yep.  More I think about it I would not be surprised to learn the whole thing was fake.  Designed to buy him votes.  But also dangerous unless the CPD was in on it.  The CPD has so many cops for its population but also has the most crime.  I wonder if the local county criminal judicial system has a vested interest in letting things stay so bad?  No way? Yes?  Humm.  sad.png

The Chicago way is the Chicago way, on every level.