...Storage Device?

I'm really making it a goal this year to bring home some critters I made dead and to eat them, even if it mean probably having to pay for some guided hunts and/or try desperately to find people who'll mentor me in the ways of hunting successfully.

So in line with this I'm wondering how big of a freezer should someone get to store say 2 processed deer and some mixed pheasants/waterfowl? There is a 9 cubic foot freezer on clearance at a store by my house for 150 but i wonder how much that would hold.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

9 CF is pretty small. If your space to put a freezer is not limited go at least 20. You'll find that two deer, a bunch of birds, a ham or two, and a couple frozen turkeys take up a lot of space. And in some frozen veggies, pizzas, and a 5lb bag of tater tots and it will be full. Keep in mind that freezers are much more efficient when loaded than when empty. If you live in an area with common power outages you'll need a generator on the second day.

• Like 1

Find the local discount /liquidator for appliances and get a 'scratch and dent' chest freezer 12 - 20 CUFT.  Keep it full , use water bottles to fill empty space. They double down as ice for your summer beer cooler!

• Like 4

...waiting patiently for Gaddis to pop in on this one!

Wait....for.....it.......

haha.gif haha.gif

No way.  I'm not going to fall for that. biggrin.png

I'm actually quite helpful sometimes. 032.gif

I think YOT's answer is right on.  20 cf is a good start.  When you go bulk shopping  (like at places like BJ's wholesale laugh.png ), you'll tend to fill it up pretty quick.

Here's one I have, for example:

post-88-0-58580700-1516579250.jpg

Oh wait, wrong picture. :wacko:

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 2

:haha2: :haha2:

No way.  I'm not going to fall for that. :D

I'm actually quite helpful sometimes. :up:

I think YOT's answer is right on.  20 cf is a good start.  When you go bulk shopping  (like at places like BJ's wholesale :lol: ), you'll tend to fill it up pretty quick.

attachicon.gifpremium_three_body_refrigerator_large.jpg

Oh wait, wrong picture. :wacko:

That's funny

• Like 2

haha.gif haha.gif

I think YOT's answer is right on.  20 cf is a good start.  When you go bulk shopping  (like at places like BJ's wholesale laugh.png ), you'll tend to fill it up pretty quick.

Oh wait, wrong picture. wacko.png

Just perfect for SHTF!  If food gets scarce, I got no problem shootin and eatin looters.  Wouldn't mind a few of those EBT packin scooter blobs.  They make lots of good soap for napalm, glycerin for dynamite, and come with a way to cart em home.

When it's survival of the fittest, I'm fit, and they're made of meat! 011.gif

Risking ruining the fun and getting back on track here sort of consider the biggest chest type deep freeze you have physical space for.  They now make high efficiency models.  Pay more now, save more later.  Yep ... keep it full.  Block ice works.  Cold ice makes faster better home made ice cream.  Do not forget to vent the room.  Consider floods.  High water.  Power outages.  Colder the better.  Sometimes some research greatly helps.  Do not forget the older non electronical models rebuilt.  Consider super insulated.  That is all.  :)

There's too much other tucker out there for me to need to resort to long pig.

I'd eat rats first.

I wonder if you could keep on milking young women who are lactating like livestock. :unsure:

No, I don't want no 'wit on my Armageddon cheesesteak.  Gimme some of that youngstuff teat cheese. :lol:

haha.gif haha.gif

Oh wait, wrong picture. wacko.png

Just perfect for SHTF!  If food gets scarce, I got no problem shootin and eatin looters.  Wouldn't mind a few of those EBT packin scooter blobs.  They make lots of good soap for napalm, glycerin for dynamite, and come with a way to cart em home.

When it's survival of the fittest, I'm fit, and they're made of meat! 011.gif

Didja ever see a women who's too fat to hold a job dressed in grungy white spandex sweatpants with a skid mark going into Wal Mart. :eek:

Like Patriot, I'd probably resort to eating rats first too. :wacko:

• Like 1

Wouldn't eat that!  Just render the fat!  A nice 600 pounder would yield close to 400 pounds of bar soap and glycerin.

SOYLENT SOAP IS PEOPLE!!!

I'd (probably?) be thinking about the skid mark the whole time I'm lathering up using the (possible? unsure.png ) fat bitch soap. wacko.png

G_ddamn it, Gaddis.  Other people got to use the TEOTWAWKI shower too. post-88-0-95275400-1517097795.jpg

Wouldn't want the remnants of the skid mark to hit me either as the Apocalypse nitroglycerin goes off either.  horror.gif