Mossberg mag-fed pump and doublestack mag

At some point you have to consider the source, and whether you want to get your info from a gun publication that also does marijuana reviews:

http://www.recoilweb.com/guns-weed-and-states-rights-137696.html

High times at the range, indeed.  Not to mention it wasn't that long ago they were editorializing against civilian ownership of military style firearms.

• Like 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, let’s not get worked up now. We are just now entering a golden age of tactical/offensive/defensive shotgun evolution/revolution. It is awesome we will get to witness it. Firearm evolution has

Ya know the only thing I hope for right now? I hope Mike made himself a really nice profit selling his hard work.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/22/mossberg-double-stack-590m/   WOAH! This blows everything out of the water! Remington's shotgun is outclassed immediately. Alright Mike, is this the bi

Some people, especially when they think they know about firearms, just will not accept anything other than their own predisposed notion of how something works. If I am wrong, I want to know so I don't look like an idiot one more time later on, lol.

I would expect some sort of issues with a weapon that was originally designed to have an entirely different magazine system design from well over 100 years ago and has a cutting edge magazine of an entirely different design retrofitted to it. The most annoying thing about it is that the original magazine is still there in long form, lol. Really? So we need 8 to 9 rounds worth of air instead of 5 rounds worth of air? What would be wrong with using the shortest tube needed to support the handguard/slide? I don't understand it. Less is more in this case. It may only be a couple of ounces of unnecessary weigh and a minor shift in balance, but it is still a couple of ounces of unnecessary weight and a minor shift in balance, lol. Instead of configuring the weapon to make sense for the user they opt to get rid of a mountain of obsolete parts. Typical.

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, Sdustin said:

Very well said. I hope Mossberg really doesn't just slap your mag in a 930 though. If they have any sense they will be looking to do something bigger, and more deserving of your mags. I see a folding stock, pistol grip, make two visions. One is an 18 inch shotgun the other make a really short "firearm" with folding arm brace. They have a huge opportunity here and should spend the time and money on designing and bringing a totally new firearm to market.

Mike if you have any pull at all with Mossberg please in part this on them.

They will opt to use leftover parts instead of designing something that makes far more sense as a product and will sell better.

20 hours ago, MikeD said:

I’m trying to work it out with Russell.  I really don’t want any bad blood from this.  

He's a good guy. Not infallible, but I suppose that goes both ways. 

What are you saying caused the double feed? If you are saying his explanation is wrong, then it helps if you give your explanation in detail too.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:11 PM, gunfun said:

He's a good guy. Not infallible, but I suppose that goes both ways. 

What are you saying caused the double feed? If you are saying his explanation is wrong, then it helps if you give your explanation in detail too.

We have been talking in private.  I have also forwarded his contact information on.  At this time I should give them a chance to handle it together.  Russel’s article for the 590M is due out in October.  I am hoping a conclusion is reached in time for an update.  

• Like 1
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, Sdustin said:

Very well said. I hope Mossberg really doesn't just slap your mag in a 930 though. If they have any sense they will be looking to do something bigger, and more deserving of your mags. I see a folding stock, pistol grip, make two visions. One is an 18 inch shotgun the other make a really short "firearm" with folding arm brace. They have a huge opportunity here and should spend the time and money on designing and bringing a totally new firearm to market.

Mike if you have any pull at all with Mossberg please in part this on them.

Mossberg 930s have a buffer spring in the stock so without extensive redesign folding stock are not an option

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 1:31 AM, Boba Debt said:

Mossberg 930s have a buffer spring in the stock so without extensive redesign folding stock are not an option

Actually I have a semi Mossberg I converted to magfed.  I did away with the rear spring and put it on the tube.  Reduced about 14 parts from the gun and a half pound of weight!  Made the gun more reliable, blows the gas chamber clean ever round like an AK, you can have a folding stock or sole pistol grip now.  It was actually a super simple design change and superior in basically every regard to the gun.