My apogee... the AKSU-12

Evlutionz LLC is now offering AKSU-12 builds on Saiga 12 and Kalashnikov USA KS-12 shotguns. More info on that will be available soon. It is an expensive build as are the 6.5" evl grade builds I am now offering. For now, this is the only one, it isn't mine, and it isn't for sale. The Krink donor parts were from an Arsenal SAM7K, which has the Gen 2 rear sight and hinge style. The gun above it is a SLR-107UR with a 5.45 mag in it, kind of. It was all I had available to show how close this shotgun build is to a Krink. Yes, it runs well, but I need to edit the finished pics into the testing video footage before it is posted.

An enormous Thank you Saigatech for inspiring this build. Ray, I hope you like it.

post-22401-0-18428800-1517374750_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice. I was going to ask if the FSB plunger was functional but I see what you did. (welded sight ears to the s12 gas block). Is that one of CNC Warriors 4pc flash hiders for the s12?

Did you rivet or tack weld the UR rear sight to the s12 cover?

Now do a 12g AK105. :)

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Yes, that is a CNC Warrior FH. Looks much better with Moly Resin on it than the blued type finish it came with. I had to keep the FH off of the gas block a little to allow room to get something in there to adjust the gas regulator. It was one of a few forced compromises like moving the rear sight back a touch to not have it hanging into the ejection port.

Welding that real Krink sight upper half on there was a real pain, but it looks like it came on there now. Windage drum is functional and height is correct. It hurt cutting that thing off of a perfectly fine gas block, but it is what it is. 

I riveted the rear sight on. Wasn't easy, but I was going for as close as possible to legit AKSU-74, even down to the rivets in the rear sight. I ended up having to make some from larger rivets as I could not find that exact rivet anywhere. No corners cut.

Handguards are full Krink and completely unmodified on the exterior. Polymer would be so much easier, but my customer wanted wood.

I think Mikhail would smile. Really wish I could have met him.

• Like 1

Nice. I was going to ask if the FSB plunger was functional but I see what you did. (welded sight ears to the s12 gas block). Is that one of CNC Warriors 4pc flash hiders for the s12?

Did you rivet or tack weld the UR rear sight to the s12 cover?

Now do a 12g AK105. smile.png

That is actually a phenomenal idea. I may do that if I can find the customer for it.