Refuse!  Resist!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/02/robert-farago/good-morning-81000-new-york-gun-owners-now-felons/

In New York, Gun Owners Balk At New Handgun Database the headline at npr.org reports. Seems a large number of Empire State gun owners chose not to/forgot to/didn’t know to register or re-register themselves and their handguns with the state government by January 31 as per a new law. After the usual political posturing, the article’s “money shot” arrives in paragraph 16 . . .

As of the deadline, more than 81,000 people – or 20 percent of affected
owners in New York – haven’t responded to the state’s request.

But
Police spokesman Beau Duffy argues that concern about this gun database has been overblown. He said felony charges are off the table for now. “We’re not going to take criminal enforcement action, particularly with those people who were unaware of this re-certification process,” Duffy said.

In other words, the liberty of 81k Americans exercising their natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms (without government infringement) now depends on the whims of a bureaucrat. And the police. And the politicians who pull their strings.

To be clear, as HP points out in the comments below, “The state government already has all of the pistol permit information at it’s disposal. The difference here is that while the information was retained at the county level, the record keeping has still been spotty, so the State Police were ordered to update the records and create a clean database. Or try to, looks like 81,000 problems came up.”...  Read More

• Like 4

I told my wife she would be living with a felon if they pass anything like that crap in Washington State.

I guess it's time for the judges to issue search-warrants and go door-to-door. Good luck with that! There is'nt enough money or man-power, to make it happen!

This is another "bluff". The people still have the numbers and that's what scares the assholes in our government.

My comments were highly redacted.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 4

I would hazard to guess  that the number is several time larger than they imagine!

As we say in TEXAS -   

COME AND TAKE IT

• Like 3

In the gun shine state we do not have stuff like this

yet, and if we ever do I will leave.

It amazes me how NY just keeps piling things onto the long list of reasons to run like hell from there and adds nothing at all, ever, to the list of reasons to move there.

• 2 weeks later...

I told my wife she would be living with a felon if they pass anything like that crap in Washington State.

I guess it's time for the judges to issue search-warrants and go door-to-door. Good luck with that! There is'nt enough money or man-power, to make it happen!

This is another "bluff". The people still have the numbers and that's what scares the assholes in our government.

My comments were highly redacted.

We're facing worse. Redact Curtis King ® WA if you encounter that slimy turdpile.