My Wife's Third Book Contract for an Eight Book Series, Hip Hip Ho

I'm proud to announce that my wife has just accepted her third book contract.
This contract is with Bienvenue Press.

The Possession Chronicles, an eight book (Paranormal) Gothic Family Saga is set in Mobile Bay area from 1904-1929.
The first book is titled Perilous Confessions, it's expected release is January 2019, and subsequent books in the series every four to six months.

In the vein of storytellers from the height of the Gothic craze such as Dorothy Eden and Mary Stewart, The Possession Chronicles captures the historic feel while invoking a growing sense of dread—from both the characters’ choices and the sometimes creepy locations. It would be a great fit for fans of shows like Downton Abbey and Poldark

Perilous Confessions is the first book in The Possession Chronicles, a Gothic family saga, and launches the main characters on their path to ruination and redemption. Complete at 116,000 words, the story follows Lucille Easton and her all-consuming relationship with Alexander Melling through the Christmas and Mardi Gras season in the winter of 1904-1905. Lucy is an aspiring writer and will do anything to help boost her chances at publication, including selling out her family and friends. Alex is a young lawyer from a powerful family and strives to free himself from his father’s shadow. From gossip magazine to gleaming Mardi Gras balls, Lucy, Alex, and their families—as well as society friends and enemies—navigate the Edwardian era in the socially complex area of Mobile, Alabama, with passion and guilt. Regardless of the young couple’s best intentions, Alex struggles to shed his sinful past while Lucy must decide if the demons that haunt him are worth dealing with to stay true to first love after understanding the threat he is to her safety.

• Like 6

8x the money!

That's what I'm hoping for, to retire a well kept man.

Good news, Chilie.

...Are you posing for the cover? Johnboy.gif

Sure, I'll be one of the demons that inhabit the house in books two and three.

Amazon?

More than likely, in hardcover, paperback and e-books.

Plus stores.

Congratulations!  Smart women make better wifes!

That she is.

• Like 1

Well, now you're out of the woods, and can buy more toys!

That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath right now.

On average it takes 10 books and 10 years of hard work, a bestseller or two, and an award or two before a writer starts making enough money to live on.

Most aspiring writers never make it that far.

I think my wife will go the distance, this is a lifelong passion of hers.

She has a friend who is a successful romance writer, USA Today Bestseller list and a RITA Award. She has an office, writes full time and she makes 40k +/- a year, maybe 50k on sales of a popular new release.

Not every success story is on par with Stephen King or JK Rowling.

Edited by ChileRelleno