Completely LOST in the discussion

The RIGHT to keep and bear arms is NOT a Constitutionally granted right

The right to keep and bear arms is a GOD GIVEN right. 

What 'weapons' did the American own in 1776? - THE SAME WEAPONS AS THEN USED BY THE BRITISH ARMY! Including small arms designed for rapid fire (Brown Bess musket) and heavy CREW served weapons (cannon and even privateers -privately owned warships).

Bump stocks, not being a 'weapon' are not protected from Government ban -if they are found to not be useful or safe. However, full auto IS a God given right!

With all due respect, and I mean this more as just trying to expand you thought processes and not a refutation of your beliefs, if you start deciding which firearm components are and are not inherent rights that a human assumes upon birth that is getting down a slippery slope. If you want to rely on a bump-fire stocked AK to defend your life, while that is in my opinion a bad idea, it is no less a JUST idea than my use of my Saiga, my Italian Bren Ten clone, or my PTR91 I plan to put a binary trigger in [if I ever have 700+ dollars and no whole guns I'd rather buy with it]. It's no less just than if someone is relying on a Keltec or Hi-Point to defend their life because that is all they can afford, or a Calico because their big brother passed it down to them when they moved out for college. It's either an absolute right or we start selling off pieces until we're left with nothing but muzzleloaders to defend our houses with.

• Like 4
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys. Bump fire is an aspect of semi automatic firearms that is inherent. The only way to eliminate it is absurdly high trigger weights proportional to recoil/ long trigger travel, or a deliberate del

If you think Firearm related "issues' won't come up again, you are sadly mistaken. It is death by a thousand cuts. Next it will be something like Optics or sights that allow you to aim farther than 25

Actually, he could pretty much do nothing about that issue and divert the attention to  something else. He does it all the time. It works when he does that.   He just doesn't have any conservative i

Listen to JDeko. ANY infringement is NOT to be tolerated.

A stock, handguard, trigger, sear, spring, barrel, upper receiver, sight, sling, or round of ammunition isn't a "weapon" either. 

NO INFRINGEMENTS WHATSOEVER.

• Like 5

Listen to JDeko. ANY infringement is NOT to be tolerated.

A stock, handguard, trigger, sear, spring, barrel, upper receiver, sight, sling, or round of ammunition isn't a "weapon" either.

NO INFRINGEMENTS WHATSOEVER.

I whole heartedly agree, I've had enough with the fudds. Its not your gun now, just wait, it will be soon. It's not my place to say yes or no, it's my place to determine if it's for me or not.

• Like 3

Some of this discussion has caused me to evaluate the what and why of some of the positions I have held. Do I think it is realistic that we might regain 'not infringed' excercise of The Second Amendment? Not in my lifetime without an intense and bloody fight for it against fellow citizens. Would I enjoy that 'not infringed' status? Well, duh! I had previously thought that I might trade bumpstocks for a temporary opening of the machine gun registry, so I could go absolutely ape cranking out form 1 for MG on everything I have that it is possible to convert to MG, but we gain nothing long term with that except some fun toys to play with while I am still in this stage of existence. If I actually have to fight for anything after this life I am sure God will have some stuff for me to use that rivals anything we have here.

That is just a start. They will be going after ALL our semi auto rifles firearms.

Fixed it for you!

Death by a thousand cuts if we relax our vigilance even a little bit.

Well then, you better tell the approximately 320 million gun owners in the US to get off their collective asses and start holding their elected representatives responsible for the gradual loss of their gun rights.  At least put down the television remote and Subway tuna sub for a few minutes and write them a short letter (or post-it note even) saying "no more." rolleyes.gif

That's a big f**king joke in front of you right there.  Approx. 320 million gun owners in this country right now, and only 5 million of them are somewhat politically active.  I bet if they had Hooter girls giving out free buffalo shrimp at most pro-gun rallies some might show up....Johnboy.gif

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 2

It's either an absolute right or we start selling off pieces until we're left with nothing but muzzleloaders to defend our houses with.

That's not entirely accurate. If we don't start standing up for our rights, all of them including the ones that "I don't care about that-bumpstocks are stupid" (which I think they are), we won't even be allowed to have muzzleloaders. Hell, think they'd stop there? Eventually you wouldn't be allowed to have bows, crossbows, even something as silly as swords or sharpened sticks.

This has little to do with "gun" control and everything to do with control.

• Like 3

If I actually have to fight for anything after this life I am sure God will have some stuff for me to use that rivals anything we have here.

HIS WORD!!!  It's sharper than any two edged sword!

As awesome as it would be to vaporize a burglar by shouting scripture at him I wouldn't base my home-defense strategy around that.

• Like 3

I do not see where a bump stock is a 'weapon' by ANY definition. It is a crappy device to work around the ILLEGAL ban on drilling that "Third hole". Full auto IS a USEFUL and Constitutionally protected right

Bumpstock - worthless for self defense. Crappy toy to make you think you have something.

FA              - The real deal, what we SHOULD be fighting for! What we are being DEPRIVED of, what is being Infringed.

• Like 1

Mocking God always comes from people who really do not under stand him.

I pray for Gods guidance when I carry my gun. I pray that if I need to use it that it be done to stop the evil .

I wasn't mocking God, if that was what you were implying. I think It'd be awesome to be able to summon a bear to maul anyone who shit-talks me like Elisha did but that is not very likely. Realistically your chances of God smiting your adversary are not very high is what I'm getting at. Though I've sometimes wished it were an ability I were capable of employing in all honesty.

Christ is alive in the world through His people the body of whom He is at the head.

Christ does his work through his body on this earth to do his will not ours. Praying for a bear to maul someone somehow does not seem to be his will but yours.

We all mock God. The more we come to know him the more we understand his will and pray for it to be done.

The more we under stand his will the less we mock him.

There are gods I absolutely will mock, creations of men to their evil bidding across long centuries to lead us to this catastrophe.

One true god there is and we are living in a time of his judgement to our sorrow I fear, even his children as few as there really may be will know much of that.

Trump just announced live he will sign an executive order outlawing bump stocks. He said he has the attorneys write the order as he speaks... 3:13 PM EST.

Has Fienstein sitting at his right hand giving him direction....

Glad he announced yesterday he is running for re-election...

Edited by Machinist

Yeap...and hes going to try to raise the age to 21. He can go straight to hell if he does.

And...he is getting ready to go against the NRA. Good luck with that...true colors coming out...

The NRA started this with the two stooges telling the BATFE to ban bump-stocks after Vegas. They also kept sucking Trump off every chance they got even though Trump did nothing on gun rights. If my Civil Rights weren't in dire jeopardy I'd be enjoying LaPierre getting spurned by the love of his life on national television. Sadly he is actually the lesser of two evils at this point, which is terrifying.

Yeap...and hes going to try to raise the age to 21. He can go straight to hell if he does.

And...he is getting ready to go against the NRA. Good luck with that...true colors coming out...

The NRA started this with the two stooges telling the BATFE to ban bump-stocks after Vegas. They also kept sucking Trump off every chance they got even though Trump did nothing on gun rights. If my Civil Rights weren't in dire jeopardy I'd be enjoying LaPierre getting spurned by the love of his life on national television. Sadly he is actually the lesser of two evils at this point, which is terrifying.

Cry me a fucking river. You're too emotional. Get a grip.

I understand that private companies should be allowed to run their businesses as they see fit (mostly), but banning LEGAL gun sales to persons under the age of 21 sounds to me like a Federal Offense and Age Discrimination.  :unsure:

I'm kind of hoping for the first federal lawsuit to be filed over this. What's next... raise the Selective Service age to 21?  HA, that ain't gonna happen.

• Like 2

Called all my Reps, got a really bitchy response from a soyboi at John Conyers' office, just what I'd expect from someone who'd serve a serial abuser of staff members. Though since Conyers wasn't trying to show him his wrinkly old tootsie roll I guess it's all good? Or maybe that's why he was so snippy: he wanted some of that fossilized dark meat...