.Lock up the crazies, and have public hangings!

exactly.... and the stocks... now, we need to make sure that the .gov is doing right in its executing of justice, but thats just part of the problem now (public apathy).

as far as teachers unions, the whole system sucks.... they force you to get a degree (college typically = left leaning + easily impressioned young person = more liberals to tout the party line, to kids), then you get out only making $40k, you sign on the x initially for some reason, then 5 years later after having kids and buying too much crap you way in debt and PO'd.... once again, these were all personal decisions.  i dont feel sorry for folks who agree to something at one point then get ticked about it eventually....

i dont understand the (macro?)economics of the teacher pay scale, but i know it doesnt take a bachelor degree to teach anything, it takes love and firmness and patience and all the crap they dont teach you in college. 

But it is for the Children!