SCCY- Anyone have one?

They are a popular "inexpensive" gun, and seem to be good. I've heard a few complaints about them, especially the long trigger pull. SCCY does seem to have a good warranty behind them, too.

I haven't used either one yet, but I like the feel and features of the Taurus PT-111 G2 better. Two more rounds in a much nicer grip, and I prefer to have an external safety on a carry gun, too.

Edited by Ronin38

Anyone ACTUALLY have/FIRE one?

Price is not the reason for this question. Feel/comfort/accuracy/reliability/ease of use is.

Their warranty is for the life of the gun, transferable.

100% American made.

I've read quite a few of the reviews, quite positive in general, with a few outliers who appear to be biased towards their personal favorite (based on their other reviews).

http://www.firearmsinsider.tv/gun-gear-reviews/2016/2/12/sccy-cpx-2-handgun-review

I may just take the plunge and drop a couple hundred and see if it can dance.

My current pocket 9 is a Kahr MK9. It's a well-built accurate little gun that weighs 22oz, limiting my carry options. A little much to just dump in a packet holster. Fine on your belt, but I don't always have that option.

I'll be selling the MK9 w/plastic case, 2 mags, manual.

Edited by patriot

Bought one today..

cpx_2_tt_rf-tfb.jpeg

Very, very nice. It's hard to believe it's under $300. I ran a few mags of Magtech 124gr 9mm through it with zero issues. It's controllable, comfortable in the hand. No sharp edges. Doesn't snag on clothing. Not at all snappy. Really light. The trigger pull is very long, but it's a DAO, so you'd expect that. Doesn't stack. Easy to stage the trigger. 

Takedown is very simple and easy.

All in all, a nicely designed and built gun. If they were $500-$600, I wouldn't have been surprised. It's that nice.

This little company has made a quality product, 100% in the USA...warranted FOREVER.

No wonder I had to check several stores in a 50 mile radius to find someone who had any in stock.

The guy at the counter said he can't keep them in stock, and he hasn't had a single one returned.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Bought one today..

cpx_2_tt_rf-tfb.jpeg

Very, very nice. It's hard to believe it's under $300. I ran a few mags of Magtech 124gr 9mm through it with zero issues. It's controllable, comfortable in the hand. No sharp edges. Doesn't snag on clothing. Not at all snappy. Really light. The trigger pull is very long, but it's a DAO, so you'd expect that. Doesn't stack. Easy to stage the trigger. 

Takedown is very simple and easy.

All in all, a nicely designed and built gun. If they were $500-$600, I wouldn't have been surprised. It's that nice.

This little company has made a quality product, 100% in the USA...warranted FOREVER.

No wonder I had to check several stores in a 50 mile radius to find someone who had any in stock.

The guy at the counter said he can't keep them in stock, and he hasn't had a single one returned.

I'm really glad to hear that. I'm pretty tempted to get one myself since you can put one in a Sneaky Pete if all else fails but it still holds 10 rounds of 9mm.

Its more a faux cellphone/tablet case. Turns out with my bodacious curves I can hide my 10mm Witness at 5 o'clock at least standing/walking so I could most likely hide most carry guns IWB but assuming I can't the Sneaky Pete seems like a good plan. Before I got my faux shoulder holsters I keep my phone and wallet in I used to keep them in an old CPR mask case strapped to my belt so the Red Cross or Caduceus holsters would fit my aesthetic quite well. Hell, the idea of keeping my phone in a holster and my gun in a phone case is just beautiful in a way.

I have to admit the faggy colors do appeal to me, bare stainless slide with the teal body could be a bargain version of the Kimber Micro 9 Bel Air. That or paint a Glock 33 orange and make the "Pumpkin Spice Glock" meme a realty.

Well thats a little harsh.

Note to self.....dont lend this guy your gun or your car, among other things

BH

Shooting that tub of shortening off the gun was an eye opener. There was a whole lot of stupid in that video, but it DID show one very tough, reliable little gun!

Mine, with white lettering.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/100190-sccy-anyone-have-one/&do=findComment&comment=1068848

CPX%202_zpsn9mqk9ga.jpg?t=1521840216

So far, it's eaten everything I've put in it with zero issues. You'll want a Super Thumb to load the mags. The mag spring is a bit on the stiff side.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Many, many rounds later, and still not one hiccup. So far, it's eaten RN, TC, and HP ammo, weights from 115 to 147gr. Zero malfunctions.

Great little gun that doesn't feel little in the hand.

I've been waiting (and, and waiting) for the release of the new 380 caliber CPX3. I've contacted SCCY several times, and have talked to a very nice lady there. She explained earlier that they had purchased a new machine for the production run of this model, but they weren't getting consistent quality, which was unacceptable. I contacted her again yesterday, and she told me they are getting good quality parts now, and they were looking for a release date of early May. She told me yesterday, and in my previous conversations, the owner is committed to high quality, and doesn't want any problems with their products. He is also probably remembering Remington's R51 fiasco.

I just took a guy out shooting for his first time. He's my wife's boss.

When we stopped by the store, the gun he was interested in was a turquoise SCCY for $209.

I gotta say, they are doing very well for the price. I find that tempting as a tiny gun.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Funny. That was the original reason I got my CCW. Then when it happened, I realized that it would be illegal in my state because of laws about firing on or across roadways.

It was a kind of surreal thing to think about as there was an elk suffering amid fragments of my car, that if I put the elk down humanely, I could get arrested for it.

Technically that would be illegal around here, too, but just about every Police Officer around here has done the same thing for a whitetail by the road, so I doubt any of them would actually ticket someone for that. Just be sure to contact the Game Warden promptly, so you can harvest the meat.  :)

You usually don't want the meat after I hit it with the truck. It's pretty busted up inside.

Yeah. I know it's probably against a law or ordnance, but letting an animal suffer like that is cruel, immoral, and inhumane. I'll take the high ground. Realistically, I doubt it'd be a problem even if a cop witnessed it. 

I was on the fence. In the end I didn't shoot the elk, but I felt bad about it. I think it probably died within a minute or two anyway, though I would have preferred to shorten that time. The deer I hit later died before it was skittering down the freeway. I can still see it's antlers shatter in slow mo, with the velvet sloughing off in the impact.

10 hours ago, patriot said:

You usually don't want the meat after I hit it with the truck. It's pretty busted up inside.

Yeah. I know it's probably against a law or ordnance, but letting an animal suffer like that is cruel, immoral, and inhumane. I'll take the high ground. Realistically, I doubt it'd be a problem even if a cop witnessed it. 

Ya, Game Commission isn't too fond of you doing that. That being said I've heard calls over the radio giving the locals the go ahead to dispatch the deer.  The meat does taste funny, even if you make jerky out of it.

I can say that the locals probably wouldn't have an issue with.