Finally got a chance to make a side hangin' holster to wear in the car. ( I love my state....) For the first one of these I have ever made it came out nice. I like what the combo of olive oil and armour all did to the finish. It's made of veg tan and brown cow that didn't make the cut to become a couch, so total material cost was like three bucks...

It hangs nice and can be worn with shorts because it is always really hot here, and well, I am just too damn fat for nice pants.

Ok, I'm done gloating. Now to take it fishin'

102_0210.jpg

Thanks mate.

After 9 hours in the car the holster gets an A- whereas the rig gets a C.

Back to the drawing board....

At least it's not too much problem to remove the rivets from the strap and keep the holster.

Oh yeah. Fly fishing in the dark in the Colorado, while a sect of the sport reserved for the die hard, is actually not as productive as it would seem at first. But the drive was nice.

What about something that attaches to the bottom of your seatbelt? I thought a company was making those, actually, but that seems like it would be the best way of carrying in your vehicle. Either that or a dash mount like the tow truck drivers use...

Bv

No seriously, there is really not enough room down there for a weapon AND my butt. Additionally, the dash area of my truck is a little too cramped to make any kind of attachment. That, and I just prefer to have it on me as much as I can.

Oh yeah, and after getting scolded at the range I'm gonna make one that points down instead of back. Good. Another reason to make holsters!!!!!!