How many drums do you have

I own one 20rd drum and I have used it three or four times in the 8 years I have owned it.. Not three or four range trips, but three or four loadings.. I just don't like the way the shotgun handles with a drum..

8 round sticks handle much better.

• Like 2

I don't have any firearms, magazines or drums, all were sold off in my recent divorce.

It was worth it to get rid of her.

Is that a version of the tragic boating accident?
Nope, wife-n-kids are gone, along with half of everything I had and half my paycheck too. Edited by ChileRelleno

I don't have any firearms, magazines or drums, all were sold off in my recent divorce.

Nope, wife-n-kids are gone, along with half of everything I had and half my paycheck too.
That sucks, sorry man.
  • Like 3

Nope, wife-n-kids are gone, along with half of everything I had and half my paycheck too.
That sucks, sorry man.

Gotcha!

Now ya see, that is a much more believable story than a tragic boating accident.

Still happily married and annoying each other.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about you having a rough patch in your life... You are a good man and there will be better times coming...

That sucks, sorry man.

Gotcha!

Now ya see, that is a much more believable story than a tragic boating accident.

Still happily married and annoying each other.

Heh, you got me. I guessed right but my empathy got the better of me.

I do have a 12 rd stick and 5 rd factory mag that came with it. I just bought the gun not long ago for what I thought was a decent price. Just getting into the fun of the Saiga 12. Don’t see to many people on here talking much. Seems like a lot of the post are old. I think I will get one more drum while I can get the MDArms model.

• 2 weeks later...

One MD 20

3 Promag 12 Rounders.

I honestly prefer the smaller drums and the way they handle. The MD Arms 20 is obviously higher quality, but I haven't had a single hiccup out of the Promags. I also like the smaller ones because they fit in surplus NV bags that attach via molle straps. I have two pouches attached to a larger bag. I keep one drum in the shotgun, a box of buckshot or 2 in the bag and two drums (NV) pouches attached to the outside. I also have 2 OEM stick mags inside the bag that contain stainless steel slugs. I picked up a case of the slugs for a song back when the company (monolit) was about to go out of business. Penetration on those things are scary.....

Just one MD20. It mostly exists to make people's eyes go big when I let them try it. Often they hand the gun back with ammo still in the drum. However, I had to sell the Iz108, so I don't have anything to use the drum with at the moment. Looking forward to buying that back.

IMO, a magwell and the stick mags are so much faster that the drum is just a novelty. I've tried a couple sizes of promag, and the quality on the MD20 is far above. I would probably like one of the 15 shot guys though.

But if you enjoy the drums, I would get as many MD 20 as you can while you can. They are cheap for what they are, and they won't come back.

good for you.

I got it because I wanted it and it has a purpose. Making people's eyes big and giving them a fun experience is a pretty nice side benefit though.

Guns have multiple purposes, and fun is a pretty valid purpose too, so nuts to the implication that having them only for serious purposes is somehow a superior attitude. Nothing about having a gun for fun takes away from having that or other guns for serious purposes.

If anything, it sounds like the above post is a machismo claim to impress people, and that doesn't impress me.

gf

• Like 1

good for you.

I got it because I wanted it and it has a purpose. Making people's eyes big and giving them a fun experience is a pretty nice side benefit though.

Guns have multiple purposes, and fun is a pretty valid purpose too, so nuts to the implication that having them only for serious purposes is somehow a superior attitude. Nothing about having a gun for fun takes away from having that or other guns for serious purposes.

If anything, it sounds like the above post is a machismo claim to impress people, and that doesn't impress me.

gf

Jeez... How can you guys be crabby on a nice spring Friday afternoon? lol

Also, how is talking about drums a sticky subject? Guns are fun! Right GunFun?!

My post was not meant to be crabby or nasty, but i can see how it could be seen as such, sorry

I am a very stoic just the facts guy.

And I shoot LOTS just for the fun of it, and I loan a lot of equipment out for others to have fun with.

So I dont see guns just for "serious purposes "

BH

• Like 1