Oh, the irony: Students decry clear backpacks.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/22/marjory-stoneman-douglas-high-school-requiring-clear-backpacks-prevent-further-gun-violence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

The Florida high school where 17 people died after being shot in February is requiring its students to wear clear backpacks in hopes that the move will prevent further gun violence.

Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert W. Runcie announced Wednesday in a letter to parents of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students that all pupils will only be allowed to wear clear backpacks to school after next week’s spring break.

Runcie added that the district would provide those backpacks at no cost to students who cannot afford them once the rule goes into effect.

The move by the district comes as the school attempts to introduce other security measures—including possible airport-style metal detectors at the entrance and identification badges for students, faculty, and staff members—to prevent another shooting such as what took place on February 14.

The school already implemented heightened security measures Thursday ahead of the rules taking effect. Florida Gov. Rick Scott ordered eight highway patrol officers to provide security for the school after authorities arrested Nikolas Cruz’s brother, Zachary, Monday for allegedly trespassing on school grounds after he was told to stay away from the campus.

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office also announced it arrested three high school students Tuesday—one for allegedly making threats via Snapchat and two for allegedly carrying knives—prompting Scott to offer assistance to Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel and Runcie in the form of state patrol officers.

“Parents, students, and teachers have recently endured one of the worst tragedies in Florida history,” Gov. Scott said. “They must be assured that every necessary step is being taken to increase safety and ensure no unauthorized people are allowed on campus.”

The patrol officers, along with Broward County deputies, will be on guard at every campus entry point and will remain there indefinitely.

The school had been patrolled by one armed deputy and several unarmed guards before the massacre.

Some students decried the “clear backpack” rule and other security measures as inefficient, saying the proposed measures will not stop gun violence.

One student tweeted that the backpack rule would only make the school environment more like a prison.

“s/o to America for making my school seem like jail now because legislators don’t have common sense gun reform on their agendas,” the student, a senior, tweeted.

Other students expressed concerns about the school district invading students’ privacy and spending money to give students the backpacks.

“I know having clear backpacks will help with security, but now all my privacy will be gone. I wish it didn’t come to this,” another Marjory Stoneman Douglas student tweeted.

“Spending money on giving us clear backpacks is a joke,” another student wrote on Twitter.

ah yes they cry about their rights while they try to take the constitutional 2nd amendment rights away from others, typical double standards of the left, without double standards they wouldnt have any standards whatsoever.

Im more pissed about the indoctrination of the children by the leftist education system, they are using our  education tax dollars  to manipulate and use your children to push their anti agendas...

.I think its pretty creepy and why I home schooled my kids, that happen to be very successful in life and can actually do their own critical thinking despite my depriving them of a socialized education .

• Like 4

Why should the snowflakes be inconvenienced when the adults can wave a magic wand.

We have been so weakened as a country.

We have one smart snowflake daughter and an adult son that likes guns and appreciates the value of saving money.

Edited by Sim_Player

Teens! They know every thing.

if they want to save lives then where have they been for their friends when they die from drugs or drunk driving . Or how bout all the teens who never were , killed by a mindset of indifference to life no different than this Cruz ass. that would be abortion.

Teens! they need to be nurtured not manipulated by liberal hacks who only care about themselves and nothing about a generation that never was. 

Teens! thank god they cannot vote.

The truths of life are often kept from our young people because they to often are raised by women while the man watches or is not even there.

just the very fact these liberal asshats think someone needs to be taught to throw a stone blows me a way

..........be smart pull your kids out of school....save them and you educate them

your most precious possessions and your expected to turn them over to strangers for them to mold the childs mind .........  frankly I find it a sick situation whose children are they yours or the liberals waiting to get a hold of them

Edited by HackNtheBox

i have already been affected by the new rules in florida. its bullshit. its a mental health issue. you arent blaming terrorist attacks on guns, so why should you blame a domestic attack on guns?

ITS THE MIND NOT THE MATTER.

like ive already said, something needs to be done, but what?

I already foresee (as I am sure the rest of you have as well) this next gun control thing as being a clusterfuck that does nothing while the problem at hand gets worse.

Edited by Ben Vampatella
  • Like 1

Those students haven't seen anything yet.  Just wait as they give those rights away and reap the just fruits in time.  Too bad many innocents will suffer with the consequences of the liberal's decisions and votes.

So, I guess we will let the POD eaters decide if we need a Second amendment? Fox news sent a reporter into the DC crowd and asked the "kids" what is an Assualt weapon? Not one person could correctly answer the question.

This current anti-second amendment movement without knowledge is terrifing, at best. Or a very ocherstated movement utliizing the ignorant...

Edited by Machinist
  • Like 2

So, I guess we will let the POD eaters decide if we need a Second amendment? Fox news sent a reporter into the DC crowd and asked the "kids" what is an Assualt weapon? Not one person could correctly answer the question.

This current anti-second amendment movement without knowledge is terrifing, at best. Or a very ocherstaded movement utliizing the ignorant...

A bunch of Communism's "useful idiots".

• Like 4

The little hoggtard is now bitching about voter ID and how it disenfranchises people of color  illegal aliens.

Toe the radical liberal line.....it's totally orchestrated AstroTurf from the left.

I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!! 

BH 

Fixed for her!

I have already had to counter the "But, Dad! Guns kill!" argument from my teenage daughter.

What was your answer?

Has she been shooting?

My answer was to ask her who she would blame if I theoretically drove our minivan into a group of people, resulting in multiple fatalities, the van or me?

She said she would blame me. Why? Because I was the one driving the car. And then she got an enlightened look on her face, said "Oh" and has not participated in any anti-gun rallying of any sort since.

And she has even taken my G17 for a round. She said it was interesting, but she's not sure if she wants to do it again. She shot 147 grain 9mm rounds, so I offered her to do some .22s next time.

Edited by Photoguy
  • Like 1

just the very fact these liberal asshats think someone needs to be taught to throw a stone blows me a way

..........be smart pull your kids out of school....save them and you educate them

your most precious possessions and your expected to turn them over to strangers for them to mold the childs mind .........  frankly I find it a sick situation whose children are they yours or the liberals waiting to get a hold of them

Yes! Remove your children immediately from the brainwashing camps known as "public schools". I would be highly cautious of even private schools. Review your childrens school work and talk to them about what they learned, so you know what kind of horse trash is being beat into their heads. The best option? Remove your children from school and home school them! Thats right, you CAN make that happen. You may need to sacrifice in other areas, like give up your $700 iphone, luxury car, 70" flat screen and expensive wastefull vacations but you can homeschool your children if it is more important to you than those material things that you dont actually need. You could pay for home tutoring in combination with your own efforts. Your kid wouldnt be in a classroom with a bunch of heathens, wouldnt be brainwashed into thinking the founding fathers were terrorists and their chances of dying in a school shooting would be..ZERO!

• Like 1

Give the kids ROCKS to defend themselves!  

Our "educated" and astute "educators" believe that rocks>guns.

Rock based defense = STONE AGE

Gun based defense  = 15th century tech. 

They want to devolve Civilization and bring back Neolithic tech - the lefts latest attempt at "progress."

• 2 weeks later...

Guys- the kids on the news are not representative of kids today any more than the adults on the news are representative of you. Don't get suckered into believing "all the kids think this way" just because a news organization with an agenda portrays it that way. Same goes for thinking thousands of kids eat tide pods. A few of your generation tried to smoke banana peels, and a lot of them huffed solvents. Step down a little here and think critically.

If you want the youth to listen to you, treat them with the same respect you expect. This is just obvious stuff. You call the kids tidepods, and they will call you the morons who can't handle a cell phone. I'm saying directly that you are doing the same crap as Hogg. Grow up. Give respect if you want to get it.

AS for the rocks- I actually think this is a step in the right direction. Not that we should stop at rocks, but that kids should be taught to be responsible and to be protectors. Kids are currently taught to hide and cower. Chucking rocks and textbooks at a shooter would actually probably work, given that the overwhelming majority of spree killers suicide at the first resistance.  I honestly think that school shootings would not go very far if every boy in the room was taught to fight back. If the first thing a killer would see stepping through the doorway into a classroom was half a dozen textbooks hitting him in the face, then every chair, desk and whatnot being piled on him, he would not be able to kill very many.

Yes, we should have better options than that, but the chief weapon that has been taken away from the people is mental- the sense of responsibility and will.

Guys- the kids on the news are not representative of kids today any more than the adults on the news are representative of you. Don't get suckered into believing "all the kids think this way" just because a news organization with an agenda portrays it that way. Same goes for thinking thousands of kids eat tide pods. A few of your generation tried to smoke banana peels, and a lot of them huffed solvents. Step down a little here and think critically.

If you want the youth to listen to you, treat them with the same respect you expect. This is just obvious stuff. You call the kids tidepods, and they will call you the morons who can't handle a cell phone. I'm saying directly that you are doing the same crap as Hogg. Grow up. Give respect if you want to get it.

AS for the rocks- I actually think this is a step in the right direction. Not that we should stop at rocks, but that kids should be taught to be responsible and to be protectors. Kids are currently taught to hide and cower. Chucking rocks and textbooks at a shooter would actually probably work, given that the overwhelming majority of spree killers suicide at the first resistance.  I honestly think that school shootings would not go very far if every boy in the room was taught to fight back. If the first thing a killer would see stepping through the doorway into a classroom was half a dozen textbooks hitting him in the face, then every chair, desk and whatnot being piled on him, he would not be able to kill very many.

Yes, we should have better options than that, but the chief weapon that has been taken away from the people is mental- the sense of responsibility and will.

I think we are emasculating our male youth and teaching all children to be victims.

I do not see this in Israel 

• Like 1

Stupid and gloriously dangerous 'stunts' have been around for eons - nature's way of removing the mentally defective before they reproduce. Hopefully at an early age, before we waste too many resources on them.

nope sorry your wrong......we were educated, they have now been indoctrinated and uneducated and dumb as a bag of rocks.....Im an employer, I see first hand the available IQ

Edited by HackNtheBox

I've been management too. I currently have a small business. I hope to employ others within the year.  I saw first hand that some people were smarter than others in prior generations. There's always indoctrination, it's only a question of what is being taught. I've also seen my fair share of employers who were smart about some things and crap in their hands and smear it on their faces retarded about other things. People vary as individuals. people as a whole stay the same.

There is a  new wave of resistance to the indoctrination too. It's become more blatant than ever, and access to better ways of thinking is much better for those who seek it. A youth can track with buzzfeed, or with ben Shapiro, with dave rubin, with jordan peterson, with .... Or an old guy can choose to believe CNN or an absolute nutter like Alex jones. It's always been up to the individual.

• Like 1

I work at a large University... I see and speak with hundreds of college students working on their PHD's in a science mathematics program. These students are our furture. I can speak from experience they are "influenced" by the indoctrination programs infecting the future of this country. 99% of the students are anti-second amendment along with the majority of the professors. If you don't work at a large University, I'm fairly positive you wouldn't see or hear their opinions expressed openly in Mass numbers. They are NOT critical Independent thinkers for the most part. They tend to be group think people.

So the give respect comment, is very concerning to me. I've always earned respect, not asked for respect...

• Like 1

Life ! the real reality show will change all of that.

College! All the things they teach you, one will never use.

Another thing you will never get to use is the tons of money spent on stupid classes like Sensitive Kazoo #1 and the even more important  Sensitive Kazoo #2

When the police fail to keep them or a  friend safe the wheels in their mind will start turning.

• Like 1