Just means other retailers will make up the difference and profit from the opportunity, manufacturer orders will increase to meet demand, and consumers will get newer generation guns from vendors who actually give a shit about their business. How's that for Win/ Win/ Win?

• Like 5

I am at a point where I really do not care what political statement "X" Big Retailer wants to make. If Dick's is going through the effort of this, it is only because their sales suck, and they need the publicity. I won't bitch, make a scene, or anything else to fight their stupidity. I will simply not spend a dollar there ever. Evidently many others feel the same way and aren't spending money there either. Keep it up and they will fold.

ETA...Latest firearm purchase today was made at their competitor, Academy Sports and Outdoors.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 1

I don't shop much and I never shop there unless there is a very abnormal situation. I got some ammo really cheap there when that SS109 thing was going on and someone gave me a gift cert that I used to buy some shoes. They just make it easier and easier to totally ignore the fact that they are there.

Well....they ARE named Dicks....

The CEO (head dick) might just be in trouble, unless he is PERSONALLY PAYING for the guns, then he is guilty of defrauding the stock holders of 'value' and may find himself defending this in Court.

• Like 2

Well....they ARE named Dicks....

I wonder which board members thought that would be a darn right good name to plaster on the front of a sporting goods store years ago? :unsure:

"You're fired" as the Trumpster would say. :lol:

I wonder if they sell dildos in some of the stores like overstock.com does? :unsure:

Looking at some of the fat female snowflakes who showed up at some of todays anti-gun rallies, a half-assed workout with a dildo is probably the most exercise most of them get. Johnboy.gif

But since most are probably strictly dickless dykes anyway, they probably just go to Taco Bell after the rally with the girlfriend and have tacos two ways. laugh.png  

• Like 1

I'm glad they are destroying their inventory rather than profiting from any sales after this bone head move. However, I was kind of hoping they would sell it all off and get caught doing it, thus pissing off all the SJWs who are their only customers now. But yeah, melt it all down. You don't get to profit off of the evil black weapons of mass destruction you've come out against. In for a penny, in for a pound. Enjoy sleeping in that bed you made.

In other news, looks like Yeti joined the anti-NRA bandwagon and is now getting raked over the coals on FB for it.......

Will they ever learn?

• Like 1

In other news, looks like Yeti joined the anti-NRA bandwagon and is now getting raked over the coals on FB for it.......

Will they ever learn?

Well, since the Chinese probably don't want Americans to be too well armed if the s**t ever hits the fan anyway...rolleyes.gif

See, they even named their overpriced crap "Yeti" (unlike the American name of Bigfoot) so you can tell it apart from any domestic produced product that works just as well (for less 012.gif012.gif012.gif on top of it all) and not buy it. nonono.gif

• Like 1

Dicks payed for it all, let them destroy it. However, I see a FAT lawsuit by stockholders - they are the ACTUAL owners of it, and would have the right to be compensated for the loss.

Maybe Yeti will have some unhappy stock holders too...

• Like 2