Sign in to follow this  
saltydecimator

"new" tristar bullpup 12ga with kalashnikov guts

its making the blog rounds, seems interesting, if street price were low enough you could take the guts out and build real gun with it, then sell the bullpup stock and be into it for cheap!?  sounds legit!?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/daniel-zimmerman/new-tristar-compact-bullpup-12-gauge-shotgun/

this is made by "kral"  lotta folks hate on the turks, me, i hate on their vibro etched SNs and their kinda shoddy/sloppy fit and finish, mainly finish and engineering/overall design look....

tristar-745x513.jpg

Edited by saltydecimator

Nothing much wrong with the Turks that wouldn't be solved by kicking them out of Constantinople, and pushing them back into central Asia where they belong.

• Like 2

dunno about the ergonomics, in some old pics i found of their "normal" s-12 builds, they look like they retained the linkage holes, haha nothin like cloning something down to the tedious detail....

• Like 1

+1 Cloning a stupid detail that is so stupid they don't understand it, but still copy it. Imagine the depth of their confusion. On the other hand, imagine the depth of their ignorance if they simply copied that detail and didn't give a second thought to whether or not it made sense for their application.

I am happy as long as the very basic parts are good enough to work with and will be durable. At the end of the day, I am thrilled with a donor that will make a good SBS that is worth throwing some time at.

One thing that is interesting is that the importer is Tristar.. They tend to supply lots of small shops, so that should help the market grow a little.

• Like 1

Whats this? Yet another shotgun that looks to take S-12/V-12 mags?? Wtf! Hold on I thought that market was "dead" and we should all just throw in the towel on kalasnikov based shotguns? $$mags$$bolts$$carriers$$extractors. Anybody like money?

"Compatibility with popular Saiga-type 12ga magazines means a variety of sources and capacities are readily available."

Uh oh guess they didnt get the memo that the S-12/V-12 and clone market is "dead", they better just scrap the whole project and cut their losses.

Edited by Veprz
  • Like 1

oh its dead buddy, prices soared, obama left office without all out ban, folks tired of paying scare prices,  and then lotsa folks get burned by junk.... sure its not the gun co fault people fudds and cant use hand tools, buuuuuuuuuut, until a cheap/realiable/sexy/marketed/supported item comes around (prob made by Ruger) its  (ak pattern shotgun interest) not gonna come back

Maybe the thing for them to do is sell it as a kit to slap on your US made KUSA K12...

• Like 1