On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, saltydecimator said:

got a brace quasi attached... runs hard in the recoil department when it bumps my shoulder... once again i think this means its "14" birdshot ready"  just gotta get the balls to hack on it

It is only metal. You just have to take away the metal that doesn't look like a reliable weapon ;) I can't help but wonder if there is room for improvement in places other than the ports. It is a fairly odd looking thing, but I'd like to have a close look at one.

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, saltydecimator said:

if ya wanna play with it ill send it off! and by play i just mean that... if you wanna talk smithing then we have to discuss what we actually want done...

i dunno the legality of PGO firearms down there though?

We are good to go on PGO here in FL, so far. We have a bunch of gun grabbers running for governor so we'll see how long that lasts. Still, as a manufacturer, the shop can possess whatever. I have to much work to have any fun with anything for a while. Closing my pool company soon should change that. FREEDOM! I'm quite excited about it.

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, saltydecimator said:

so no-one is buying the co or whatnot?  i would think that would have some value to someone??

It does, but I am well past the point of it mattering to me. I just want to be left alone to press forward with Evlutionz and that freedom and peace holds a much greater value to me now than the pool company. I'm quite happy about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ive been messing with this off and on... i really wanna love this thing.  short.  light.  neat features.  but the manuf. just bringing me down.  last i talked to them they said i have no warranty now that  barrel is shorter...

anyways.  ported the barrel a bit.  10 #30 holes through the area that may come off due to me making bunk threads.... so they are ugly holes.  but seem to tame recoil a bit. 

so.  i have the ports up to a #25 or 26 bit.  still getting failures.  i am gonna stick the saiga 5rd spring in it to see if that changes stuff.  getting a failure to eject on the first fired shot out of the mag.  3-4 times in a row. 

another thing i did was loosen the buffer adapter at the rear of the  receiver.  it has a real strong spring in it, and with birdshot, i know its not compressing it all the way.  that non-compression has to jar the bolt to an un-natural-for-the -loading stop.  so, i backed the rear nut off a bit and tried shooting it like that.  seemed to cycle the 1200fps federal 1.125oz better.  last round n the mag didnt really eject either.  it would just sit in the action. 

oh ya, my vitriol for the manufacturer is that i have emaild them with tech questions now and they havent responded.  bad biz imho, on top of just bad human-ing....

guns are supposedly "tuned" and have a tuning card when they leave factory, i asked them what that was about.... silence...

but, on the bright side, its basically like working with the Russkis, no spare parts, no factory support, all on your own.  come on folks, someone else buy one of these and lets compare notes!! they cheap! 500 for mag fed, non shotgun with potential....

Edited by saltydecimator
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, saltydecimator said:

oh good, thats all ya gotta do is keep your sanity!!

I just caught the post about #31 drill bit. Seems like fouling would be rapidly accelerated with ports that large. What size were they to begin with?

thats a good question... pretty big.  well maybe like 35 at teh max? but maybe they were originally the 31.  but ya, fouling definitely happens sooner now. 

i was reading a post by csspecs over on arfcom about the new academy/china 12 ga AR.  he was saying that this akdal style mag likes to rimlock.  without the extra strong spring in the bolt buffer, i can get a failure to feed (maybe rimlock) on the first round out of the mag (factory).    i gonna stick the strong spring back in adn see what happens.