deerhurst

Broken carrier

Just pulled my S20 out for a cleaning, which it didn't need, and I found the end of the carrier where the piston threads in is breaking off. Looks like 1-2 threads have broken off. Anyone experienced this before? Any recommendations? Feels no different than before, its always been sticky where the bolt rotates and locks in. The piston has a little wobble to it now but less than my NPAP!

You might contact Cobras Custom about fixing it for you. I have a different way of repairing them than he employs, but I am not taking in that work for others yet.

• Like 1

Cobra has a longstanding good reputation in the Saiga 12 community. In many many years of following Saigas I have not heard of any complaints of his work or character.

On another note..I have heard many times that Evl has a alternative fix for cracked carriers and I would really like to hear more about the process even if its not availible for customers. Maybe it could be utilized as a preventative measure?

Edited by Veprz

Cobra asked me to email him. Sent him some photos on Facebook and was asked to email him. Havnt heard back from the email. That was last tuesday. I figure I either typed the email in wrong or he is busy.

Edited by deerhurst