Forums seems to have little activity these days

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

facebook is NOT your friend

forums are gay.. mods be all powertrippin' and shit...

Well at least there's one less on this one.

Posted Images

Well, at least it is not how it used to be. I had my part in the brutality. I was very hard on Pauly and Jack when they came at me, but it was not without warrant. I knew they were sleezebags but no one wanted to hear it, lol. We see how both of them conducted themselves on their way out. Pauly instigated a lot of stuff when things were rolling around here and Jack could not resist participating and even starting his own crap from time to time. I was hard on Fuller over some work that should have never seen the light of day. I got banned for that, stating the obvious, lol. Whatever. I am different person now in so many ways. If someone does crap work or screws people, I will be slow to speak and just let it come out as it will. It always will.

Then there is the generally grumpy crowd. I got a lot of laughs out of much of that back and forth. I think the general arguing would have melted away were the participants face to face with a coffee or beer in front of them. Most of us are on the same team. I like it here now better than before. I don't miss the 'I bought the Gunfixer plug and my gun still doesn't run...' threads. Let the past be the past and enjoy the peace here.  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, jerry52 said:

Boba if you want to sell them there is a place here to do that.

I fine it hard to believe that you cannot find anything on the internet about your 2 AK s

I can't either. I could have sworn those has some sort of 030 designation, but I find nothing. I'd go a couple hundred less than a comparable SGL series Arsenal.

ya know, one of the things i have realized in my short life, and ive come to appreciate is my right to bear arms and my right to free assembly as well as free speech....

business shoots are different. but the personal "lets gather" shoots i love.  i used to do them every weekend back home....you hear me shooting, come on over, BRING IT.

its not about competitiveness, its not about who has what, its not about yadayadayada, its that we are all on the same floor. period.

forums should not be about fighting or bickering, as this is the digital form of us all standing on the firing line together, in tune together, like minded, and have the same willingness. i saw that last weekend again, and im going to remind you all of that.

its ALL of us, not some of us. thats where it should be left. that simple. E Pluribus Unem.

Edited by Bvamp
spellcheck
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, evlblkwpnz said:

I can't either. I could have sworn those has some sort of 030 designation, but I find nothing. I'd go a couple hundred less than a comparable SGL series Arsenal.

Here is an old Atlantic link to the Sporter Saiga with AK hand guards already installed (IZ332). Boba did the back conversion himself.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/saiga-iz-332-100-series-russian-ak47-rifle

3 hours ago, Spacehog said:

Here is an old Atlantic link to the Sporter Saiga with AK hand guards already installed (IZ332). Boba did the back conversion himself.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/saiga-iz-332-100-series-russian-ak47-rifle

Winner! You sir, can redeem your chicken dinner! The ever elusive IZ-332!

ETA: I found an recently expired listing on GB with a starting price of $1199 and it did not sell. After seeing a fixed stock SLG series still for sale at $999, I would say you might get $800 for the IZ-132. More is worth a try, but it depends on if you want to move them quickly or sit on them for a while. It looks like people are over the Russian sanctions panic buying.

• Like 1
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, G O B said:

Some of us ASSHOLES serve a useful purpose.

We shit on 'whats it worth' posts.

The primary purpose of my thread was to figure out that they were, asking abought the value was secondary

I never understood why people feel the need to harass someone over a the so called "What's it worth" threads.

On a forum that you have to pay for membership in order to sell items, it makes sense because it is a way for non paying members too short circuit the system.

But on a forum like this it makes no sense.

I'm guessing some of you have miserable lives and being a dick bag on a forum brings you a little joy so have at it.

• Like 1

now, he does have a point, being rude is not necessary, we come here for the collective knowledge exchange.  but it seems like most forums follow the same pattern these days post 1 asks questions, post  2 calls op retarded for not knowing the answer, post 3 yucks it up with post 2, post 4 has op talking smack to first 2 guys, finally post 6 someone comes in with a quasi helpful answer, then thread kinda steers back on track to being helpful....

you need some happy pills boba? seriously is everything ok in your life?

Get serious, you a couple others always had issues with me and you just used this situ to fuck with me, because I guess it somehow makes you feel better.

You don't even know what price phishing.

I already explained it once but let me state it more simply for the interneterly impaired.

Price phishing only became a bad thing when forums owners figured out they could make money off their members by charging them to be able to sell items on their forum.

Back in the good old days when no one cared about membership fees, "What's it worth" threads weren't a big deal.

You may or may not already know this and personally I don't give a fuck if you have some unwarranted hatred of threads that don't affect your life, even in the tiniest possible way

But I must say "GOB" fits you perfectly, although I would say "GOCB" might be a better description of your online persona

Geez, take a chill pill from the dish on the front desk. The reason forums die is because of ALL THIS TOXIC F***ING ATMOSPHERE. Seriously, we are all adults here, SO ACT LIKE IT. It's the internet, like it always has been and always will be. Toughen your skin, let it go and move on.

Sheesh, and people wonder why I like machines more than humans.

What an Nothing  arrogant ,self absorbed prick. It is obvious you cannot take constructive criticism, and are QUICK to call anyone not flattering your fragile ego derogatorily names.I call you out politely for your RUDENESS. You attack.

SO- you are a democrat?

11 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Geez, take a chill pill from the dish on the front desk. The reason forums die is because of ALL THIS TOXIC F***ING ATMOSPHERE. Seriously, we are all adults here, SO ACT LIKE IT. It's the internet, like it always has been and always will be. Toughen your skin, let it go and move on.

Sheesh, and people wonder why I like machines more than humans.

4 hours ago, G O B said:

What an Nothing  arrogant ,self absorbed prick. It is obvious you cannot take constructive criticism, and are QUICK to call anyone not flattering your fragile ego derogatorily names.I call you out politely for your RUDENESS. You attack.

SO- you are a democrat?

This forum has always had a toxic atmosphere, but I tolerated it in the past because it was the only place to talk Saigas. 

Even back then I would try to take the high road but eventually I would have to respond to all of the trolls that infested this particular forum.

As for you GOB (GOCB) - Yep, you got me pegged.  Life Long Vaping, Prius Driving, Tree Hugging Liberal

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, G O B said:

Some of us ASSHOLES serve a useful purpose.

We shit on 'whats it worth' posts.

This is your idea politely calling out my rudeness??

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:13 AM, G O B said:

No one wants to see 'what is it going for' threads. Look it up on line - what ARE they selling for? We all would like to know, but do your own research!!!

Edited by Boba Debt

I'm just going to throw this out there, because the term "this forum always" and the other thread about old members checking in. It's the general discussion forum here, and pretty much any forum that seems to be a the place to bicker. The shotgun and rifle sections were always, and continue to be a place to help other members work through issues. Since the imports are gone and several companies have stepped up with aftermarket support there's really not as much gun related stuff to talk about, so people generally show up in, well, the General section to fuck off and play.

When forum traffic was heavier, and more moderated, stuff like this would have just got kicked downstairs to the "I want in" sections and let boys be boys. Boba, the only thing negative I could think that you did (and I might be wrong but I'm not going to waste time searching for stuff) is that I thought you had a habit of posting things like 'hey, look what I'm building or bought" and not too long after it became "hey, look what I have for sale. The what are my two guns worth has that smell to it.  Ben gets beat up on all the time, and trueth be known, that guy really put a lot of time and heart into this place from the very beginning. Sometimes you either need to be very thick skinned, or very quick witted on any forum if you want to play in the general sections. I don't know why that is, but it seems to be a thing. Oh snap, I just looked over at the the reputation rating and I'm "666", I must be the devil.

Edited by 6500rpm
14 hours ago, 6500rpm said:

I'm just going to throw this out there, because the term "this forum always" and the other thread about old members checking in. It's the general discussion forum here, and pretty much any forum that seems to be a the place to bicker. The shotgun and rifle sections were always, and continue to be a place to help other members work through issues. Since the imports are gone and several companies have stepped up with aftermarket support there's really not as much gun related stuff to talk about, so people generally show up in, well, the General section to fuck off and play.

When forum traffic was heavier, and more moderated, stuff like this would have just got kicked downstairs to the "I want in" sections and let boys be boys. Boba, the only thing negative I could think that you did (and I might be wrong but I'm not going to waste time searching for stuff) is that I thought you had a habit of posting things like 'hey, look what I'm building or bought" and not too long after it became "hey, look what I have for sale. The what are my two guns worth has that smell to it.  Ben gets beat up on all the time, and trueth be known, that guy really put a lot of time and heart into this place from the very beginning. Sometimes you either need to be very thick skinned, or very quick witted on any forum if you want to play in the general sections. I don't know why that is, but it seems to be a thing. Oh snap, I just looked over at the the reputation rating and I'm "666", I must be the devil.

Forums are supposed to be about sharing what you do with others the have a common interest.  I like to experiment when I build things and that goes for guns as well.

Have I sold some of my experiments, yes.

Was I looking for info about my Saiga Conversions so that I could effectively market them in the For sale threads and GB auction I planned to create? YES.

Is that a bad thing, NO. 

Is Price Phishy bad. YES, but only on forums that require you to pay membership dues to sell items.  It's a way to circumvent that.

I apply a simple though process when I post to forums, would I say the same thing in person at say a gathering of like minded people.

YES!   In every instance.

And if I was talking to fellow gun enthusiast at a range about some guns I was selling asking for advice about the value and another guy walked up and told me to shut the fuck up because a range is not the place to discuss selling guys I would tell him to mind his own  fucking business.

Oh wait, that actually happened and instead of the others piling on the joined in a told him to piss off

So are the guns for sale or not? I do not want them but I am sure someone might

Talking about price is one thing . Getting it is another.

I understand you are upset but I think you have what you asked for.

But I will admit this has put some spice in the forum.

Yes, the guns are for sale, but I'm not in a hurry to sell them so they are priced accordingly.

I'm not even close to being upset.  Written replies to idiots on forums always read angrier then the actual mood of the person typing.

I'm a former Marine and I would say that my anger level has been at about 2 the entire time I posted to this thread.

I would say I more amused then angered by the ignorance of some of the members.

I live about 30 minutes for Atlantic Beach NC, so if I don't interact on this forum for a week or so it's because I don't have access to the net, not because I tucked tail and ran.