trigger group help

yeah i should know this by now im on like my tenth conversion..

where can i get the cheapest/best USA MADE trigger group thats for a saiga 12. single hook. if i have to modify it what exactly needs to be done. i cant remember what i had to do.

my fear is that i get a tapco g2 and the area that needs to be profiled to fit will be exactly where it says USA made. i think that happened before on one of my conversions and id rather try to avoid grinding off the one reason im even doing this to begin with. compliance parts.

so really im just trying to get a trigger that works that is clearly marked usa made.

that and well, i can modify one if its cheaper. i got hand tools and what not. files, dremols, hacksaws, welders.

i just dont want to get something i could easily mess up or that will not be marked usa made.

ADVICE????

i dont use the bolt hold open, but id like to figure out how to reinstall it sometime. if anyone advises or knows a good drop in ready saiga 12 trigger group also...let me know.    but i am trying to save money here.

ehhh because , well. if it didnt matter if it was usa marked or not i already have a bunch of surplus trigger groups i could just drop in.....its just a big deal to me. id rather my gun for sure be legal. in the future when laws change id rather not have to deal with obv more bullshit than i have to because i never plan on getting rid of my saiga.

im just wondering what exactly has to be modified on a stock g2 trigger group to make it fit a saiga 12. i cant remember exactly.

Edited by Avtomatkalashnikov

Might as well get a G2 already modified for the saiga is you want to go that way. I believe CSS has them. I believe it is a width issue with the BHO latch.

922r is stupid, serves very little purpose and is impossible to enforce. I don't believe anyone has been charged or convicted of a violation. I'm not going to go out of my way to find 922r parts. If a compliant part works best I'll grab that big not I won't.

ehhh because , well. if it didnt matter if it was usa marked or not i already have a bunch of surplus trigger groups i could just drop in.....its just a big deal to me. id rather my gun for sure be legal. in the future when laws change id rather not have to deal with obv more bullshit than i have to because i never plan on getting rid of my saiga.

im just wondering what exactly has to be modified on a stock g2 trigger group to make it fit a saiga 12. i cant remember exactly.

1- Remove material from the right side of the hammer where the pin goes through until the hammer is 1" wide from side to side. this is so that it will clear the manual bolt hold open.

2- Remove the bump that is on the face of the hammer at the axis pin. If you just stick the hammer in the weapon with the axis pin in and try to rotate the hammer forward, you will see why this needs to go.

By the way, the USA marking on the Tapco G2 is on the side and nothing that makes sense to be doing will obliterate that marking. I hope this helps you.

• Like 2

3) smooth out the corners on the trapezoidal face of the hammer, and 

4) adjust the contact patch of the hammer such that it strikes square to the tail end of the bolt when the firing pin is pushed in. This requires only a very small adjustment of angle. Very little metal needs to go away.

I've done all of the above with nothing more than a vice a bastard file and 15- 20 minutes.

Nothing. They function the same.

A double hook won't fit in an S12 unless you modify it or the receiver to accept it.

A double hook can have some potential advantages tho, if you aren't scared to modify it some.

A modified double hook G2 in a Saiga (single hook) receiver can be a terrific trigger on the cheap. The bottom of the second hook is ground to act as a stop to limit the amount of over travel. I believe that Gunfun still has the mock up of the modification in his signature line if you are interested in more info on it. I have double hooks in all my Saigas along with a couple of spares in the parts bin. Be advised though you will still have to remove the hump and material on the side for BHO as Evl already alluded to for the Saiga 12.

I remember. When I got the trigger I realized it wouldn’t fit but I’m never scared to make something work. The only other thing I did to it was polish the piss out of it and the hammer.

A modified double hook G2 in a Saiga (single hook) receiver can be a terrific trigger on the cheap. The bottom of the second hook is ground to act as a stop to limit the amount of over travel. I believe that Gunfun still has the mock up of the modification in his signature line if you are interested in more info on it. I have double hooks in all my Saigas along with a couple of spares in the parts bin. Be advised though you will still have to remove the hump and material on the side for BHO as Evl already alluded to for the Saiga 12.

I will look up the over travel mod thanks