Make up your own?  Try the Grange Co op.  If you have one handy.  They sell unfinished leather strapping for horse tack.  Various thickness and widths.  Buy the basic leather making tool kit and make your own.  They also sell various buckles.  Many western buckles.

An automotive gasket making kit may contain most of what you need.

We also modified our usual, (not always worn) Levi 501 shrink to fit button fly jeans.  Added belt loops.  Removed some.  Rearranged to fit the holster and mag pouches.  It is fun and easy to do.  Overall maybe cheaper also.  This way you get a perfect heavy duty belt.

More because I forgot.  Getting Old here!  Be sure to get new gun pants that are several inches larger in the waist.  We choose 501 pants because they can be shrunk down to suit by washing in warm water, then warm spun dried.  In my case about 6 inches larger then slowly shrunk to that perfect size.

I am dieting.  Loosing my waist size.  Just washing in hot water and hot drying fixes the Levies.  Double stack 45 and 4 reload mags. 

ZOMBIES!  smile.png

Edited by HB of CJ

Mullet- I love leather, but enjoy the relative comfort of the nylon.

Edit: I definitely will check out the Riggers. Anyone have thoughts on the 5.11 or whatever-it-is brand?

Edited by Photoguy

SOE (Special Operations Equipment) makes nice stuff but the lead time can be long. They are customizable, with different buckles and stitching.

DeSantis makes heavy rigid thick leather carry belts that aren't too terribly expensive.

Edited by Mullet Man
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Photoguy said:

Let's say I did, Jugs. Which would you recommend?

I want to be able to carry my Judge comfortably and without any sag or play in the material of the Belt, as a benchmark.

Which would you go for?

I use the light

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, Photoguy said:

Let's say I did, Jugs. Which would you recommend?

I want to be able to carry my Judge comfortably and without any sag or play in the material of the Belt, as a benchmark.

Which would you go for?

I have also had my Blackhawk reinforced ccw  belts for years but They do not sell them any more.

Look for a thick stiff belt with a rounded buckle or one with stainless built into the belt

are you ccwing the judge

Synthetic cordura with semi rigid kydex reinforcement between layers and a alpine austria "cobra" quick buckle. Easy on, easy off and will not sag, stretch or twist; no holes for buckle to get deformed and can easily be adjusted for weight loss/gain. Only downside..(based on opinion and what you normally wear) is they wont be confused for a regular belt worn with dress pants etc. If you wear your shirt untucked it wouldnt really matter though, as you wouldnt see it.