Has anyone shot this "crap"? I have heard of this ammo literally blowing up but noone at the local rod and gun club knows much about his. I am sitting on several hundred rounds and not sure what to do with it. I have been really tempted to shoot this stuff. Anyone know the real story or is it an urban legand?

RSH

shoot Indian at your own risk I personaly had the old 74 stuff and had 2 primers blow out the back and the 2nd one blew the bottom out the mag (I was to stoopid to learn from the first one) the only good reviews you'll get from this stuff is from people trying to get rid of it.

Most of the problems I've heard about regarding Indian 308:

"One round was not powerful enough to propel the bullet out the bore. Then I was dumb and touched off another round."

This has the incredibly obvious consequence of wrecking the gun in question. Also, it is my firm oppinion that most of the ammo in question came in plastic bags, or worse yet- loose in a box. It is also my suspicion that the plastic bag ammo is delinked machine-gun ammo. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but if some dip-shit decided to throw the ammo in a tumbler to polish it up and remove the marks from the links... well, tumbling loaded ammo is a just plain bad idea.

Either way, the people who have had problems were most likely not following safe shooting procedures. The primary one that comes to mind is: if the report of your gun sounds different during a shot, you should stop and check what happened.

As far as blown primers go... I have nothing to say. I will readily admit that Indian quality control standards are low compared to those in most of the civilized world. I will also admit that you just plain should not do certain things with this ammo: bump-firing (or firing in a machine gun) comes immediately to mind.

With all of that being said, I've had very few problems with Indian ammo. It's not very accurate. It's dirty. It's usually not even worth reloading.

You can shoot your ammo. As everyone is so incredibly fond of saying on this subject: "it's your life". Personally, I'd recommend that you examine it more closely than you would commercial ammo before shooting. Avoid cartridges that have cracks or excessive dents. Pause between shots to make sure that your shot made it down range.

Bolts action rifles are good and safe for the most part. Most semi-autos should be safe also. If you are unsure at all about using it: DON'T. It's possible for all kinds of things to go wrong. Your local police station should be happy to take it off your hands for disposal. If they're not happy to take it off your hands, they should be able to tell you what to do with it.

Educate yourself. Keep your Bull-Shit-O-Meter in view at all times. Stay safe.

The fal shooters seem to swear by the early stuff, but there was the later stuff, ninties and later stuff, I wonder why this is excessed so soon after manufacture. I am betting qc problems where as the older stuff is just age. I stay away from it, and find other ammo, almost as cheap, just a few cents for my peace of mind, but again on the fal fourms they swear by the 70's stuff.

I have some of the paki stuff, its ok, some cosmetics due to storage.

I have shot some in my saiga and its one jam per mag full its junk. I have a 50cal ammo can of this crap. I may pull the bullets and change the powder charge to make it right. Also you must remember do not use the bad thin brass in FLUTED chambers in guns like the Cetme too. I only shoot nato ammo in my Cetme because of its thicker walled cases. This is were we run into problems. Really whats $30 more for better ammo? Did you see the pics of the blown up Cetme? OUCH luckily no one got hurt yet. A split case in a fluted chamber look out here comes the 52,000psi breech pressure, it has to go somewhere and it takes the easiest path too.

Edited by Unknown Poster

There was a link posted here somewhere, to a thread on anothes site all about this stuff. One poster claims to have pulled down a bunch of rounds of it to check it out. He claimed to have found them loaded with ball, flake, and stick powders, and one round was loaded with sand! There is a reason it is cheap!

With that said, the only reason I can see to buy this is if you want to do combat weapons training (what to do with poor ammo, jams, squibs, ect.)

Privi-Partisan is cheap and clean, South African is good stuff, Australian is premo,Portugese is supposed to be very high quality but hot. Also Wolf is now making .308. I have also heard good things about the packistani, but it may be corrosive primed (with a chrome lined barrel like Saiga's no big deal).

G O B

There was a link posted here somewhere, to a thread on anothes site all about this stuff. One poster claims to have pulled down a bunch of rounds of it to check it out. He claimed to have found them loaded with ball, flake, and stick powders, and one round was loaded with sand! There is a reason it is cheap!

With that said, the only reason I can see to buy this is if you want to do combat weapons training (what to do with poor ammo, jams, squibs, ect.)

Privi-Partisan is cheap and clean, South African is good stuff, Australian is premo,Portugese is supposed to be very high quality but hot. Also Wolf is now making .308. I have also heard good things about the packistani, but it may be corrosive primed (with a chrome lined barrel like Saiga's no big deal).

G O B

Anyone notice the crap ammo is coming from countries that the weather is hot and humidity is high?? coincidence?? Anyway I just bought some super incindiary Raufus ammo and supposed to burn at 5000 degrees on impact. Don't know why I bought it but sounds like some bad ass rounds.

post-1521-1141788113_thumb.jpg

guys beware

there are dealers selling indian ammo as south african now because this stuff is SO bad.

look out for any ammo loose in a can , just walk away its not worth it.

i bought 10 cans of " south african " in mg3 ammo cans. blew my barrel door out on my 42 , nobody got hurt thank god.

please don't buy this stuff