What was the consensus on the Lynx? I know the Catamount had problems, but I've been seeing the Lynx going for a very cheap price lately. True s-12 Clone? Just as good?

No clue, but I highly doubt the metallurgy is just as good. Some of the deviations from the design are better on the Chinese clones, however, but that isn't worth much. 

ETA: They are apparently doing things differently than Catamount, DDI, etc. Mike Davidson says they are actually good and his standards are not low. I trust it coming from him. Try one, let us know how it is.

So far I’m really liking the Lynx.  SDS is insisting on quality.  Hammer forged bolts and every one is x-rayed for flaws.  

In my opinion they are better made than the Saiga-12.  Don’t let the $500 price tag scare you away.  It is an absolute steal at that price!!!!  

They do have a factory buffer which I think should be removed.  Those were almost always trouble in a Saiga-12.  The gas system could have a better plug and piston but the plug is definitely better than the factory Saiga plug.  

Some seem to have a break in period for low power ammo.  They seem to be better out of the box than the later Saigas though.  

I have been trying to give SDS a few pointers on how to make them all run right out of the box.  Wouldn’t really add anything to their production costs.  They seem receptive so far and I hope they make the changes.  They truly have a chance to squash the Saiga stigma and I hope they take it.  As popular as the Saiga-12 once was it never reached a fraction of it’s potential over the flaws and stigma to follow.  I told SDS all this and that if they collaborated with a couple respected Saiga gurus on improvements and screamed it from the roof tops that it was just another cheap copy of an already troubled platform that they could turn the tables.  

As far as it being a Chinese made gun...  China is completely capable of building good stuff.  They build what you ask them to build.  If you ask them to build you a POS named the Catamount Fury they will.  If you ask them build you quality, like the Lynx, they will...  Think Norinco and PolyTech...  From my talks with SDS I trust they want quality and demand it.  One of their guys is constantly going over to China to check on things.  SDS immediately put me in touch with their top US engineer and top Chinese factory engineer.  One of the major owners of SDS even came and spent a few hours at my house!  They have a lot on their plate with other projects but I’m trying to stay on them about the Lynx improvements.  I told them how they could make the gas plug that I wished I could have made for the Saiga-12.  The V-Plug is by far the best there is and all the copies missed why I did what I did and changed stuff.  Even then the V-Plug design was limited to host weapon.  They Lynx can change that.  It can be a super clean system that doesn’t need the gas block and components cleaned every 500 to 1000 rounds.  Just a bunch of stuff and a ton of potential!

On a side note I tried to talk to K-USA about their gun but they just weren’t interested in my ideas.  It’s not like I was trying to charge them or anything.  Free advice and free designs.  Oh well, that’s on K-USA!

Mike, if it was coming from anyone else I would not trust it. After having first hand experience with the Cat, I was most definitely not going to bother with anything Chinese that didn't have Norinco or Polytech rollmarked on it somewhere, but you just changed that. As far as K USA brushing you off when you are trying to help them at no charge, whatever. ALG did the same thing to me when I offered to give them a perfected AKT to copy and then they put forth effort to just offer something that fits, nevermind the rest of the FCG working against reliability, lol. They obviously do not feel the shotguns deserve the same attention to detail that the ARs and AK rifles get. Onward, I'd like to see K USA succeed, but if they don't watch out they will fall behind. To be bested by a Chinese shotgun would really be a kick in the nards. I don't care who rises to the top, just as long as someone does. I'd like to keep beating AK based shotguns until I can't see well enough to not smash my hands and until those hands shake too bad to hold a punch, lol.