• 1 month later...

I have 2 of the Lynx.  One the bolt carrier is hard to get back in and the other it goes in no problem.  The rear trunnion is just a touch narrow and the rivets are being over crushed making some of the guns harder to get the bolt carrier in.  I pointed this out to them and supposedly they are addressing it.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I just joined, because I got a Lynx and fired it for the first time today. 5 round included mag worked great. 2 - MD20 drums worked great. 2 - SDS 10 round mags wouldn’t feed. Looks like the follower is a little too wide. I’ll mess with them and see how it goes. Looking forward to learning a lot from you folks!

1C8520E8-B121-45E9-AB14-74F9E7F8462D.jpeg

• Like 1

I just put about 175 rounds through my Lynx 12 today.  Fired and ejected everything when set on the appropriate gas setting.  Mostly 1300+ fps target loads and some universal 7 1/2 birdshot.  Mods were new grip, Molot muzzle brake, tubular handguard, some BCG polishing/smoothing, hammer and sear polishing, M4 tube/GL-Shock stock.  It was fun but that 5 round mag got old quickly. Gonna add a magwell and grab some 8 and 10 rounders.  My Mossberg shockwave was my fun gun before...now it's definitely my Lynx.  Can't wait to let my family and friends try it.

2 hours ago, SickSilverado said:

I just put about 175 rounds through my Lynx 12 today.  Fired and ejected everything when set on the appropriate gas setting.  Mostly 1300+ fps target loads and some universal 7 1/2 birdshot.  Mods were new grip, Molot muzzle brake, tubular handguard, some BCG polishing/smoothing, hammer and sear polishing, M4 tube/GL-Shock stock.  It was fun but that 5 round mag got old quickly. Gonna add a magwell and grab some 8 and 10 rounders.  My Mossberg shockwave was my fun gun before...now it's definitely my Lynx.  Can't wait to let my family and friends try it.

Get you a 20rd MD-20 drum from MAA or DEGUNS because the 8 and 10 rd mags will get old fast too, lol.  

I have been blowing out a few on Gunbroker.  Had just a few that DEGUNS was suppose to get but never did.  Held them around 14 months for them and last I spoke to them I mentioned them but no reply back on them so I decided to dump them myself.

• 2 years later...

Just picked up one of these after persuing PSA's website, which showed $299 clearance sale price.  😮  I figured how bad could it be?  PSA is good about warranties and returns so I pulled the trigger without doing any research. 

Now, after messing with it for a few days, I'm pretty impressed with the design and build quality, and am thinking SBS, perhaps with a suppressor.  A few questions:

1. Anyone do a SBS with this Lynx?  How hard is it?  Is there a place I can send it to get done?
  2. The consensus for these in SBS form seems to be a minimum of 12" barrel, is that accurate?
  3. Ordered a Magpul Zhukov stock, any issues with them?  Anything better?
  4. What are my stock forend/handguard options?
  5. Anyone try a suppressor on one of these?  Which one(s)?  How did you like it/them?

Thanks.

P.S. - Where can I get one of these??

JXDelEN.png

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, Saiga Joe said:

Just picked up one of these after persuing PSA's website, which showed $299 clearance sale price.  😮  I figured how bad could it be?  PSA is good about warranties and returns so I pulled the trigger without doing any research. 

Now, after messing with it for a few days, I'm pretty impressed with the design and build quality, and am thinking SBS, perhaps with a suppressor.  A few questions:

1. Anyone do a SBS with this Lynx?  How hard is it?  Is there a place I can send it to get done?
  2. The consensus for these in SBS form seems to be a minimum of 12" barrel, is that accurate?
  3. Ordered a Magpul Zhukov stock, any issues with them?  Anything better?
  4. What are my stock forend/handguard options?
  5. Anyone try a suppressor on one of these?  Which one(s)?  How did you like it/them?

Thanks.

P.S. - Where can I get one of these??

Well the picture is one that blkevlwpnz put together. He's on this thread, also stating that he wanted to SBS one.

Some years back there was a post from one of the builders (Tromix? ) that took velocity readings as they were chopping the barrel down on a S-12. If I remember correctly anything over 12" the shot/wad was already at full speed. I can't recall if they patterned the gun as the chopping was happening or not.

The rear stock you can get most an AK pattern buttstock to fit. There were a number of options from ACE back in the day for folders as well.  Forend was more limited unless you did some major work ( Looking at you Dinzag! ) A couple guys took some of the old Saiga rifle wood and hollowed things out enough to get them on the shotguns as well.

You're on your own for the suppressor research. I don't know if there is an adapter to get a Salvo 12 to fit or not.

"Some years back there was a post from one of the builders "

i havent forgotten them, but i forgot their name. it was some asswipe snotass knowitall superior than thou cunt from nevada. they never even figured out that i was in their fucking shop.

it was NOT tony....this guy was a dickhead

the data was from an SOT02/07 that chopped down a single shot old school break barrel 12 gauge and they went all the way down to nothing with it. without a choke it dropped off to laughable data around 12".

the length that was decided upon was 12-14" with a full choke. when i operated with tom c, i preferred a 14.5" full choke.

in the modern world and out of video games, i personally prefer 18" for shotgun slugs and 16" for rifles. if i want to stun someone and not penetrate their body armor, ill just use my sidearm. if i need 20" or more for a rifle, im going to not be there to begin with....

fuck russia. viva UKRAINE

hey scoutjoe, did your mom;s house ever float away?

• Like 1

as for my Lynx 12 -

i would have to look at my receipt, but i think i have owned it for about 3-4 years now, and i kinda dont like it. the magazine is substandard, the coating on it is laughable (rusting through the paint/coating here in the safe in FL), it definately will not withstand beating down a door with it (I am aboslutely certain i can bend it beyond operation over my knee if i wanted to), and i actually am looking to get rid of it. the bolt is finicky when you field strip it, but that isnt a big deal, the AKM platform doesnt need more than a shake-out as far as cleaning goes. even the chinese cant fuck that up.....

I wouldnt buy another one.

save your money and get an older pre 2007 saiga-12.

• Like 1

welp, i tried to upload some pictures to show you what im about to say but the website wont let me, says they are too big. go figure.

i was going to show whoever is looking at this, its a THREADED FRONT SIGHT.

the superior shotgun has a threaded front bead sight on it......thats the one you want. the sereial number should start lower than 07.....i wanted to put pictures, but apparantly thats controlled here too....

fuck russia viva UKRAINE

Edited by Bvamp