Haven't had my hands on one, but from the photos it looks like a clone of the Saiga Version 030, rather than a direct Vepr 12 clone.  Trunnions are Saiga AK type rather than Vepr RPK. Furniture  looks like it would swap out directly with an IZ-433 or Version 030. Many Vepr 12 parts will swap into the Version 030/IZ-433 with (bolt, carrier, safety, piston, LRBHO lever, and LRBHO parts assembly),  although Molot went through great pains to make sure that its dust cover was just narrow enough to make using  an unmodified Saiga 030 carrier impractical. 

Legacy states that the gun will accept 922(r) compliant parts off the shelf, which is positive. However, I would recommend that forum members check with CSS before buying Vepr specific aftermarket receiver blocks, and quad rails for this gun. At the very least, you will need a Vepr 12 RPK type lower hand guard bracket to use standard Vepr 12 or RPK type handguards and rails. 

Looking forward to tearing one of these down, and getting a first hand look under the hood.

Mike

• Like 2

Damn it!! Who forgot to send the memo that the S-12/V12 Kalshnikov based semi 12g market is dead?? Just think of how much better off they wouldve been if they got the memo in time to throw in the towel, scrap the project and cut their losses! Somebodies definitely getting fired. Now they're going to have to work double time to get a ill balanced, unecessarily heavy, pump action abomination to market; if they want to have any hope of being down with real operators who operationally operate operations and stuff. This has to be a conspiracy theory.

Just in..cnn reports that they have obtained leaked e-mails that indicate that russian hackers intercepted the memo before the turks could get it. Evidently it was a co-conspiracy between Trump and Putin to undermine our democratic system of voting with our wallets; all in an attempt to forward the kalashnikov agenda and negatively impact mossbergs interests and prosperity.

Edited by Veprz

It ain't just mossberg. People tend to switch between M500 and R870 based on family tradition, like alegiance to coke/pepsi , ford/chevy, Sportsball team X... Or red vs blue vs green tractors.

"I'm used to brand X, and it was good enough for grampa, so I guess there ain't room for improvement..."

The crowd ain't buying Saigas by the million, but I do think Rem and Moss just fed them the gateway drug. I also think they opened the door for something a lot better than the S12/V12, etc to be developed. Something built from ground up to be as compact and balanced as possible while reliable, with no features as vestigial leftovers from some carbine rifle or pump shotgun.

• Like 1
On 5 July 2018 at 4:35 PM, Lone Star Arms said:

Haven't had my hands on one, but from the photos it looks like a clone of the Saiga Version 030, rather than a direct Vepr 12 clone. 

As stated it is a licensed version of the Saiga 030. I have had one for for some months and found it to be very reliable. I recently shot it at the World shoot in France and experienced zero failures, despite only having  a handful of rounds through it previously.

On 7/17/2018 at 4:47 PM, dochoc said:

As stated it is a licensed version of the Saiga 030. I have had one for for some months and found it to be very reliable. I recently shot it at the World shoot in France and experienced zero failures, despite only having  a handful of rounds through it previously.

"Licensed", that could be good news! I would hope they wouldnt license a product without including some type of quality expectations; to protect the brands reputation etc..

• Like 1

Here's an IZ-433/Version 30 we built earlier this year. Really love the Version 030 platform, and looking forward to doing a high performance build with the RS-S1.Toms_IZ433_RH_3-4.thumb.jpg.dd7405c1caf05da187b3d19af0db853c.jpgToms_IZ433_RH_FLD.thumb.jpg.05539d440da3cc0540ca54ac8f0a6847.jpgToms_IZ433_LH.thumb.jpg.88c8c5b86a8e51ecadce564c108c7860.jpgToms_IZ433_LH_3-4.thumb.jpg.0051464e6cc17f5322e9c1dc56aa390c.jpg

• Like 1