Hello All:

I simply want to exercise some gratitude & humility in this message by thanking all of you for your advice and answers to my questions about rifles and shooting.

I'm not a gunsmith, nor am I retired military or a former operator. I'm a civilian who is thankful for this website because many of you know a lot more than I do and are OK with sharing your knowledge. I don't doubt some of my questions might have fallen into the "everybody knows that" category, but you answer anyway. I've been around guns recreationally my whole life, but have developed an appetite for the technical aspects of things only in my adult years.

For what it's worth, I did attempt O.C.S. "cold turkey" once, but got injured. So I can say I'm not a draft dodger. I continue to admire those who serve or have served. Riflery offers me a connection to something martial in nature, and has engendered a respect for snipers and all who know how to do long range shooting. It's a fascinating science. So .... thank you everybody. It's a privilege to be a member of this community.

Now a request for Mr. Chile Rilleno: PLEASE BUILD A RESTAURANT! Your food looks great!!!

(Ok ... gotta go watch the Sniper competition show on the History channel now)

This is a great forum.  It can be brutal, but and the same time, brutally honest, which is what I like.  People here speak their minds...no tip-toeing going on here.   Ask your questions, answer some questions, and above all, don't get butt-hurt.  Bite back and it's all good.  Take care and have fun.