Tac-47 Auto Plug: Cleaning frequency?

I’m curious how often users of the Tac-47 have found the need to clean and re-tune the plug?  Possibly cleaning the gas puck may be required more often.  

The other day I began a range session with a clean gun and clean Tac-47 plug.  After tuning I had several stove pipes.  I believe they were caused by my Surefire 10 rounder.

After cleaning the gas puck and the Tac-47 I re-tuned (second range visit ). I used a Saiga factory 5 rounder and she was flawless running Federal birdshot.

I have a Tromix S17 with 8” barrel.

I think somewhere after about the first 1K rounds you may need to dial up the spring pressure a little, but after that it should be good indefinately. That's been my experience. I also put a bit of paint on the adjust screw to verify that it isn't vibrating loose. As for cleaning it- I just spray it off with CLP when I clean the gun & wipe it off. No further disassembly.

Dunno, but I am pretty sure the screw is some standard thread pitch. These are all stuff I am sure you could get at any hardware store, but you might end up with a fat allen type set screw in there.

6 hours ago, derbrererd said:

Its probably not a good idea to take it apart at all. The version I have has a little plastic thing punched halfway through the screw threading and if it gets out of place it gets mangled when you screw it back together and its a bitch to fix.

Mine doesn’t.  I did read there is a version 2.

I’ve taken mine apart and cleaned it many times and I did have the spring, etc fly out once as did the OP.  I did speak with a tech at Tac-47 a long time ago about cleaning their auto plug.  IIRC every 300 rounds shooting cheap birdshot.

18 hours ago, gunfun said:

That seems way excessive. Just spray in any powder solvent as often as you clean the gun and you should be fine. 

Agreed, no need of taking apart every time, or often, for that matter.