Arsenal/Saiga smashing rounds in mag

Pucked up an  Arsenal converted Saiga 410 the other day. Its dirty and needs a cleaning bad though it seems to be fine otherwise.
I only have the 3" mag and for some reason the next round isn't always stripped off the top but pushed forward and down into the mag jamming the mag up. Any suggestions on that?

On 8/20/2018 at 3:09 PM, Lambert58 said:

What kind of FCG is in it? I'm wondering if your hammer is sitting highand  the bolt is skipping over top driving the shell downward. 

Whatever Arsenal put in it. The guy I got it from got it from a guy complaining about it being a Bulgarian POS and not a real AK so he built a $500 AR for him and traded him. The guy I got it from had never shot it. Doesn't look like anyone has messed with it internally.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:36 AM, G O B said:

Most likely it does not like what you are feeding it! S-.410's are PICKY!

Couldn't hurt to clean her either.

Its way less picky than my S-20 which will only run 1 brand and load of ammo unless its really hot stuff, slugs or buck. It, the 410, ran a mag of some federal which ran just fine. Same stuff later that day and the mag became angry. Gun ran flawless. Cycled every time other than the mag not feeding it. When the mag did feed it ran like clockwork.

I plan to get some 2.75" mags of more than 4 rounds for it.

Edited by deerhurst

The S410s can be picky for sure. My S20s run like a dream. My shorty S20 with chop and perm is my favorite. I like them more than the 12s. Much easier to control. I usually run 3" shells in the S20 but will run most 2 3/4" except ultra cheap pump shotgun ammo. Best thing to do with your 410 is get some more mags and see if they have problems as well. It will give you something to compare your mags to. If you have some spare hammers try a few and see if they sit a little lower than the one you have in it now. If its a Tapco G2 there's a good chance its sitting higher than a Combloc hammer.