So, who remains, from those distant times when we were young, wore the skins of dead animals and used our trusty Saigas to kill dinosaurs? 

I am curious! Yell out, if you are an old one who is still alive! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow the ancient ones being summoned huh? Howdy old brothers! I'm still around and still doing top quality work on S-12, Vepr, and AK action components. I check PMs and lurk occasionally, sometimes mak

I joined in 2006, this place was buzzing back then... I was 18 back then. Only person that chimed in recently that was here longer is GOB.. Thing that drives me buggy is that all the activit

Nobody's dirt napped me yet, mostly lurk these days to see what guys are turning out. If you ever want to have some fun, start searching ancient posts. After the sunset of the AWB I found the platform

Posted Images

Been here since June 2011. Don't post as much as I used to, but will always hold this site in high regard. I would have never attempted full conversions without this site, and the information I gained was priceless. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ChileRelleno said:

I'm here... Kind'a, maybe, sometimes.

Damn I miss the days of high activity in here.  I'm amazed Mackc keeps the lights on.

Assuming each of the ad buttons on the right of the screen still represents a paying advertiser, plus all of y'all that keep sending him money, I'm sure he's still turning a profit, and now with less admin headaches due to less users/traffic.

Of course, that assumes all of those ad buttons actually represents a still paying forum sponsor and that he didn't just leave them up to present the illusion of an active forum with satisfied customers (sponsors) to any other potential sponsors.  I once bought a business membership at another forum, that had seen a downturn kind of like this one has.  I figured there were still enough core members left to make it worthwhile, but it netted me exactly zero sales.  And the owner left my ad up and didn't downgrade me once the time I had paid for was up... I had to tell him to remove the ad and return my status to that of a normal member.

Edited by netpackrat
spelling

Been here since early 2008......mostly just lurking around...but still, after all these years, it’s the only forum I semi-regularly keep up with.....it’s always good to see some of the old hands still around.....there will always be a special place in my heart and mind for this forum..... and always a special nostalgia...... for a saiga.

Still here. I don't know if I qualify as an old timer, but I have been here for a while. Long enough to remember the daily "I bought the gunfixer plug and my gun still doesn't run low brass" threads.

• Like 2

Present...  and still building extreme high performance Kalashnikov platform shotguns,  and loving every minute of what I do.....  What are you up to these days, brother?

• Like 2

I joined in 2006, this place was buzzing back then... I was 18 back then.

Only person that chimed in recently that was here longer is GOB..

Thing that drives me buggy is that all the activity that was here evaporated while other forums remain fairly active. One of the things that damaged this forum was several shady companies.. There was and likely still is an attitude of not allowing bad press, but that allows companies to really screw up. Once a source of information can't be trusted the viewership will drop like a rock.. It seems today like bringing up product issues would be more accepted, but back around 2012 it was basically how you got permabanned..

Also this place is/was so laser focused on Saigas only, that it basically wrote off anything else.. These days most of my saiga-12 mag sales are for Lynx and Cheetah shotguns.. And JTS-12 mags sell about as well.. Because you can actually buy one of those guns off the shelf.

We really need to condense several of the forum sections and make new sections for more active content, such as the new import shotguns. And maybe send out a few mass emails to try to get some people back in here.

Edited by csspecs
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have been out of the 'semi-automatic' mag fed shotgun hobby for a while.  Holy crap, never new their are so many new choices now.  Thanks CSSPECS for opening my eyes.  Looked up the Cheetah and Lynx shotguns.  Wow.  Been busy raising two young daughters...

• Like 1

i still do drive bys. machine gun shoot sept 1st hernando sportsmans club 9am sharp if anyone's interested. bring ammo.

edit to add - ive been here since pretty much the beginning and walked through all of what could possibly be a good part of my life through this forum. for some years i was angry and felt violated and cheated at times, but all in all it was a good experience, and i can say to myself that i did that.

there are a LOT of good people here, old and new. this always was and still is, a different type of forum/community/. very personable. even when we hate each other we are still there and will still help out. even when cobra and i were at each other's throats, i could still call him or he me, for help, and end the conversation with "go fuck yourself".

I have met a number of you, and worked on a great many member's guns as well. i never left? i just got burnt out i guess......

Edited by Bvamp
edited to edit because i hit the enter key a lot.
  • Like 3

but i can still knock a saiga apart and warranty it on a pallet with a block of wood or in the middle of a cow pasture or make a benelli owner cry, and STILL outshoot you with your own rifle or keep you from being sued for patent infringement (true stories great memories)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bvamp said:

but i can still knock a saiga apart and warranty it on a pallet with a block of wood or in the middle of a cow pasture or make a benelli owner cry, and STILL outshoot you with your own rifle or keep you from being sued for patent infringement (true stories great memories)

If both of those are me...

Almost anyone can outshoot me. I don't think I have ever claimed to be that good  a shot.. Not that I recall ever having any sort of competitive shooting with anyone there.

As for the patent infringement.. I appreciate not having the irritation of that, however I was and still am 100% sure I was in the clear with that device.. Bill ended up selling my stock device with a few improvements to fostech. And they ended up sueing Slidefire who then sued them right back.. In the end Slidefire basically won, and now holds all the patents. So clearly Bills patent did not cover as much as he thought it did (example a patent on a pen, does not prevent the invention of a pencil, or crayon, you cannot patent writing just the method you are using) 

Slide fire applied for their patent well after the Saiga shoot, and nearly two full years after my ATF letter was signed. I tried to sell my stock for almost a year before giving up on it for several reasons, mostly lack of interest.. By the time Bill contacted me I was DONE with the idea and only had a few videos up to manipulate youtube rankings for the magazine videos..

I'm happy I was not involved in the product... I do think that Slidefire and Fostech both ripped off me and my brothers extremely simplified bump stock, which was just an improvement of a device I saw on Gunco forums that was posted in 1997.. Bills devices all had a LOT more complexity, linear bearings full length stocks with adjustable spring return.

• Like 1

they probably did. BUT i saved you one hell of a headache and some money to boot with that heads up and meeting even if it was all for nothing. i got fucked over in my own endeavors remember....

as for the other part, i do it to everyone. part of having a rifle since age 5 and millions of rounds off your shoulder....my eyesight and nerves are going, so i cant bet on it any longer, but hey, its all fun anyhow, and i still teach kids and new gun owners shooting etiquette and technique. why waste knowledge, is my thinking....give me a handgun however, and im still bad with it, but ill get 3 of 5 charcoals at 50 feet....

you should round the gang up and come up next sat for the shoot....its going to be pretty casual, would be good to see some old friends' faces too.....

Edited by Bvamp
the only impossible shot is the one you dont take

Wow the ancient ones being summoned huh? Howdy old brothers! I'm still around and still doing top quality work on S-12, Vepr, and AK action components. I check PMs and lurk occasionally, sometimes make a comment or reply.... Hell I figured I'd lay off posting for awhile since even though I haven't much in years, my post count is still thousands above the next runner up I think...lol. Was last time I checked anyway. :)

Yup still alive and well...somehow...

• Like 6

Still here. Still posting. Still a good site. I enjoy people who speak their mind...when they have one.

There's a good bunch on here mostly, and the few 'tards that sneak in are swiftly dealt with either by mods or heckled without mercy by members.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 3

Good God, there is life after death. I started lurking here late 2005 but didn't post until after I had converted my Saiga late 2008. The old days were exciting, All the mud slinging member to member, (Fight Club)  and cut em up from the vendors, when the shipping boxes were too big. I thought all you had to do was remove and replace a few parts with USA made stuff to pass back then. The more I added to it, the worse it got, until I really started READING what all you guys were saying back then. HOW TO TUNE and CUSTOMIZE your Saiga. It is now my favorite shotgun I own. I have several. But nothing eats shells of whatever I put down it like my Saiga has. It gives a whole new definition of what a fun gun can be. Best of all, kinda like Burger King, I have it my way. It never would have gotten as far as it has without the expert tips, help, and parts from members, and vendors of this forum, I THANK YOU ALL for your contributions.

Over the last year I am truly back from the dead, heart attack, colon removal, shingles, what a rough year it's been, but I still get a grin coming back here. I left the hospital in January and a week later I put a 5 round mag of 3" slugs in my Saiga to see if I could still shoot 5 in less than 3 sec. It sat me on my ass, but I got up with a giant hell yea, and a grin. I had lost about 65lbs, from 180 down to 123 lbs. Steadily getting back to normal, and hope to be well, and completely healed by this time next year. Cheers to all!!!!!

• Like 4

indy, just hover over your name, gives member number and date....so far im the only one to post with a two digit member number....its definitely been a while. i forgot how much i miss shooting the shit with you people was. lots of familiar folks chiming in!

after selling off almost my entire gun collection and accessories by 2011? or so? (i only kept the four from my childhood) i just now got my interest back in firearms and have begun buying a new collection. you guys woulda died laughing if you were a fly on the wall the first time i tried to reassemble my c308 when i first got it. man oh man did i feel stupid when i  couldnt get the rollers on the bolt in the right spot, to re-insert it into the receiver ....for two hours....LOL i wound up throwing the operators manual across the room and went saiga mechanic on it with a mallet and figured it out the old fashioned way. it made me think of the old days here, actually.

Nobody's dirt napped me yet, mostly lurk these days to see what guys are turning out. If you ever want to have some fun, start searching ancient posts. After the sunset of the AWB I found the platform and  this place. I was drawn in by conversions that Shannon and Dinzag had done. Bvamp was probably the only mod at the time and was fond of killing snow men, not cleaning his shotgun, and trading punches with a jackass named McUzi. Good times!  Maybe one day The U.S. and Russia will kiss and make up and allow trade to resume, although supply has always been sketchy through the year.  And drama, oh yes the drama. We managed to run off AGP, Red Jacket used to be a no name good guy, the drum mag wars with Mike D and another jackass that owned AA. Cameron (Chaos) got the shit kicked out of him when he first came on the scene for no good reason and had integrity to hang in there and build his business, Tony Rumore built a huge following around this platform and has since stepped back due to dwindling supply leaving Lonestar and Evl to fill the void for quality builders. Last, I'll leave you with the crazy old mofo from the past who's name escapes me for one of the most entertaining picture threads I ever ran across years ago.  Azrial, if you still have the same profession, watch your 6 and keep the bad guys at bay. Thanks for posting this, I'd like to see who else checks in.

post-9601-1227055751_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm
  • Like 5