• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow the ancient ones being summoned huh? Howdy old brothers! I'm still around and still doing top quality work on S-12, Vepr, and AK action components. I check PMs and lurk occasionally, sometimes mak

I joined in 2006, this place was buzzing back then... I was 18 back then. Only person that chimed in recently that was here longer is GOB.. Thing that drives me buggy is that all the activit

Nobody's dirt napped me yet, mostly lurk these days to see what guys are turning out. If you ever want to have some fun, start searching ancient posts. After the sunset of the AWB I found the platform

Posted Images

I forgot about the drum wars. I think I came on the scene just a little after that. Was that bashing on Cameron the result of some sort of affiliation with AA? Good on him for doing his own thing instead of staying with them, if so.

• Like 1

Cameron can explain things better than I can remember, but I think initially he was looked at as some type of AA mole account. He had to fight a pretty harsh crowd at first to prove himself, but in the end his integrity and skill as a machinist proved itself. Hell, besides the daily battle with AA, Mike Davidson was initially beat on because of the fear that a 20 round drum was going to put the Saiga 12 in DD territory.

im not going into all of the details, but i handled (as admin or moderator at the time, dont remember which) the widowmaker situation and cameron whom i still consider a friend of mine/ yeh that whole affair got pretty ugly./// i spoke directly with tech branch head about the whole drum thing begging them to follow the law to the letter and not ban the best every mans' shotgun available, which they agreed was correct with my arguement. there was a total shitstorm thats for sure....then the product issues after, cameron getting thrown into the fire, nine million phone calls and hours....yeh now i can look back and take a deep breath, but as much as my conduct of that situation was off in some ways, i think i did right by everyone in doing what i did.

btw, the machine gun shoot today was awesome! lots of good memories of saiga shoots and the people there then and how we all interacted came right back to me....

the poison i had in me is completely gone what a great day and sore shoulder i have had.

• Thanks 1

For the most part, events on the forum in the past should stay in the past, we've all moved on to better things. Time's were definitely different, we live in a much more friendly gun environment despite liberal attempts to take advantage of every crisis. Remember that in November.

These are the Golden Days of being a firearms enthusiast. In my life I've never seen such a plethora of wonderful items in the shooting community. Thanks to Trump's economy, I also have the means to satisfy the urge to purchase just about anything I want. We've got it pretty good now. Let's not fall asleep and let these times be taken from us.

• Like 1
On 8/25/2018 at 1:08 AM, Lone Star Arms said:

Present...  and still building extreme high performance Kalashnikov platform shotguns,  and loving every minute of what I do.....  What are you up to these days, brother?

Did another tour, lost my gal of 12 years, got very sick, was cured, and am living on the lake with my new wife! Life is good! I hope the same for you! 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Still check in from time to time.  The drum wars, lol!  Bringing the MD-20 was definitely a battle!  Even when the wall was breeched there was still a battle to reach to command center, lol.  I remember the reliability service to get the wraithmaker’s bad feedlips to not jam the gun.  Yeah,  that’s pretty much all it was that was wrong with their drum,  the feedlips.  Had they been better guys I would have told them back then, competition or not...  They finally figured it out though but not until they had destroyed themselves, lol!

• Like 1
On 9/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, patriot said:

These are the Golden Days of being a firearms enthusiast. In my life I've never seen such a plethora of wonderful items in the shooting community. Thanks to Trump's economy, I also have the means to satisfy the urge to purchase just about anything I want. We've got it pretty good now. Let's not fall asleep and let these times be taken from us.

You are correct!  With the fear removed of imminent bans the market has slowed.  Now manufactures have to concentrate on new and innovative to get sales and simply making AR-15s 24/7  isn’t going to cut it.  That’s a good thing for advancement!  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm here a few times a week. However, there aren't always new projects or DIY things that snag my interest. Lately, I spend more time collaborating on youtube and through the reloader's network.

I've also kinda been looking at patreon for keeping connected with people. You can follow people even without crossing the paywall. Mostly, I want the ability to filter and prioritize. I want to help new people, but also tune out the personal squabbles and inevitable political tinfoil, and general lechery that seems to accumulate around gun stuff. The ratio here has gotten slim, but there are still a few poeple whose projects and opinions I respect a lot.

• Like 1

I don't know about old timer, but been here for almost a decade now.  That just sounds old. :)  In my beginning, you guys here helped me out a tremendous amount,  including my Saiga 7.62x39  and S-12 builds.  Never a bitch one, and just great knowledge.  Thank you.

This forum has always been a breath of fresh air.  Many forums are 'family oriented' and you really have to watch what you say.  Not here, for the most part.  And I enjoy that.  Doesn't mean you have to be a bleeding asshole, but you can speak your mind without offending anyone here...and well, if you do, get over it.

Thanks for all the help and laughs.  I do come here daily....just enjoy it.  

Thought what the heck, when 1st born sent photos of Liberated Saigas from warehouse at beginning of Gulf war. Thought is that the crappy $200+ shotgun I seen at local gun store?? Then ban lifted, days you talked to guys like Tony, Tom, Shannon, etc on the phone. Self imported 8rders from New Zealand, $100 was cheap,. Always patiently waiting for new products

I joined back in September of 2011, right after acquiring my first S12. I used every piece of info to do my conversions from here. Although I am not on daily my interest still never wanes as there always is something someone knows that I don't. Since joining I've had six surgeries, four on the same arm. I remember vividly going out to the Kansas river, after going back to work from the last nerve surgery  to shoot clays with my two firstborn s12s and how everyone had to try them. I wore the bruises for quite awhile and couldn't believe the excitement it gave me. I still have my two warning points NailBomb gave me during my recovery on the first nerve surgery. Ahhh, the good old days.  

• Like 1

I think I qualify as an oldtimer, with over a decade since I joined and now at the ripe old age of 35. Lol.

Been a long time. Nice to see some familiar names. I hope all is well with everyone. 

Edited by 22_Shooter

Joined the forum back during December 2006.  Haven't visited in a very long time.... been pursuing other interests and such.  Once in a blue moon I pop back in though.  This forum has always been a wonderful collaborative source of information; folks always spoke their minds freely (sometimes, too much so?).  Anyway, "saying it like it is" was/is one of the reasons why I loved this online community.

Hope the rest of us old-timers are doing well and staying safe.

~Gary

• Like 1

Member since '08

Damn - Shooter, Gary, Scout Joe and many more old friends.
Glad to hear that all are well and have weathered the storms of the past ten years.

Still waiting to hear from NMO, RobRez and Dad1234Dad. You guys still out there?

I too miss the days of conversion talk and all the new products. Oh well, like the man says "You can't fence time."

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Im not an "ancient one" by any means, but its been awhile. Partly because I went to school for general machinist and CNC machinist 1. Then after that I got my bachelors degree in film/videography. I don't make shitty YouTube videos anymore....they're "high-class YouTube films" now...lol

But seriously, the Saiga12 and this forum gave me the initial push to do all of that and I thank you guys for supporting my crippled ass!

Its too bad that some vendors considered my crappy channel, at that time, to be a business and convinced the owner to make me purchase a monthly vendor account just to be able to share my videos here with you all. Apparently they assumed I was making that "Google/YouTube money" when even now my channel still doesn't make enough to even think about purchasing a monthly vendor account. To the vendors still here that were on my side, thank you again.

• Like 1