Saiga 12 questions

I know there is a sticky for FAQs but I see no links within the post so I will just ask.

I've got a saiga 12 I've converted.Took it out and tried to run some low brass cheap walmart bulk pack and of course its jamming with that but runs like a champ with the few OO buck I had.I've heard there are "Vodka Specials" and possible gas port issues with some of these.I've watched some videos on the Carolina Shooters reliability kit and was thinking about just ordering that but figured I would ask you guys before spending any $ and see if there might be something else I needed to look at or possibly try.

Again sorry about the post I did a search and there was a 100 different posts and figured this would be easier than wading through those .Thanks

I always use factory springs. From full length guns down to 6.5" SBS, all factory springs. If the customer does not have factory springs in the weapon when I receive it I make them get factory equivalent springs. I would avoid the springs and maybe just get the booster puck. It does do a little. It depends on how close it is to running. If it stovepipes, generally it is close. You might just try some Winchester AA in it. get some 1200, 1250, and 1300 fps and figure out whether or not it will run some of that. They are about $30 or so per 100.

It seems like they used to have a bigger nipple on them. I used them a while back to see how close a gun was to running. If it ran with that puck, I knew it was close to running with the standard puck.

https://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Saiga_12_gas_piston_puc_puck_CSS_p/css-s12puc.htm