Sign in to follow this  
icarus

AR45, AR15, AR10, AR15 parts kits.. Anyone interested?

Been awhile since I posted. Looking at purchasing some AR kits wholesale in bulk for resale. I can pickup AR15, AR10, AR9, & AR45 kits rifle or pistol pretty cheap but do to cash flow and minimum purchase quantities have to chose one or the other for now. All the kits come with M-lok or Key Mod rails. Want to know what you guys think I should get? Which are you most interested in?  Retail prices would be about:

AR45 Pistol with Shockwave Brace and 9.5" barrel  - $475     AR45 80% lowers run $120 no finish and $160 Black Cerakote. Glock Mag compatible.

AR9  Pistol with Shockwave Brace and 7.5" barrel $370          AR9 80% lowers run $66 no finish and $110 Black anodized. Glock Mag compatible

AR9  Rifle with 6 position generic stock and 16" brl $390

AR10 Rifle with 6 pos generic stock & 20" stainless brl $525    AR10 80% lowers run $85 no finish $100 black anodized.

For the AR9s I can do colt mag compatible which will work on any AR15 receiver and come with a mag adapter for $60 more. For an conversion kit that would work great but colt mags are more than Glock or generic Glock mags. Also which would prefer M-lok or Key Mod? Thanks for any input.

Forgot regular AR kits.

AR15 pistol with shockwave & 10.5"  / 7.5 brl    OR  rifle with 16" would be around $380. Can also do 223 wylde for the same price.

What Salty said. Plus I could go on BCA or Davidson, or right to bear, and ~match your prices while seeing pics of the parts, and knowing they would take care of me if I got a bad part.

The other thing is that these things are so fashion driven. Today's $800 pile of parts is next year's $80 pile of parts. See comment about keymod above. If you aren't certain of moving your inventory instantly, you are basically certain of either selling it at a huge loss, or having them in your garage forever. No one wants your KAC quad rail that you paid several hundred dollars for, even at $60, given that you can get an actual nice M-lok forend now for as cheap as $29. - I actually have one of those.

I've seen a few guys get their dd form 265 and open a gun store to fund their hobby, buy a bunch of what they like, at a few percent under retail, then have the multiples sit on their shelves for a year or two before they close up shop. It's like being an Amway rep.

• Like 1