Synthetic thumbhole stock?

I think the romanian drag stocks would work but for synthetic, the ati's might be the only option for stamped receivers, weren't the ones out there for bulgarian milled guns. You might be able to do some fitting to make them work(maybe cut the insert from your saiga to attach to the stamped receiver.

You could refinish a wood drag ak stock with undercoating, it seems to kinda of duplicate the look of synethic. I did pick up used thumbholes not sure if chinese or maddi, but you could do a faux synthetic finish too.

Edited by okie shooter

ATI is not the only option Choate makes a drag style stock as well. It looks like this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6177&hl=

But I'm guessing you are looking for something with just a hole for the thumb to go through like the romanian AK type rifles that were around during the ban?

Kinda like this:

post-1262-1141460884_thumb.jpg

Found that on gunbroker you could undercoat or paint it.

Or this?

post-1262-1141461065.jpg

Edited by stokstad
I am looking for a black thubmbhole stock for my Saiga .308 but can't find such a beast anywhere. I can only find these for a milled receiver. Anyone know where I can aquire one? Thanks

RSH

If you haven't found one yet I have an black ATI thumb hole I can get rid of.

BOB G

saiga%20dragstock2.JPG

Edited by BOB G
  • 5 weeks later...
ATI is not the only option Choate makes a drag style stock as well. It looks like this:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6177&hl=

But I'm guessing you are looking for something with just a hole for the thumb to go through like the romanian AK type rifles that were around during the ban?

Kinda like this:

post-1262-1141460884_thumb.jpg

Found that on gunbroker you could undercoat or paint it.

Or this?

post-1262-1141461065.jpg

The lower stock is sold by Armory USA/Global Trades. http://www.globaltrades.com/ak_stocks.html

This is what they say about thumbhole stocks in their web page:

(2) Since this is considered a thumbhole stock, you do not have to install US parts on a rifle currently fitted with a thumbhole stock. You still have to convert your Saiga to take that stock, the thumbhole or the Dragunov style stocks. If you don't convert your Saiga then you'll have to make your own thumbhole or Dragunov stocks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am looking for a black thubmbhole stock for my Saiga .308 but can't find such a beast anywhere. I can only find these for a milled receiver. Anyone know where I can aquire one? Thanks

RSH

=================================================================

Buy an ATI (Advanced Technology, Inc.) Dragunov-style AK stock and find a gunsmith skilled in the exquisite art of using a Dremel tool. :-)

Please, E-mail me for pictures of my Saiga-308 with an ATI stock. You have NEVER seen such a buauty!!! Guaranteed... :-)

P.S. Yes, and do not buy the Romanian crap as others suggest... :-)==================================================================

Have just tried to downdoad a picture here, but the damn Web site errors out. It realy sucks... 8-(

Edited by Nrsimha42
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I know that this has been discussed before, but who makes the stock that looks like the current issue dragonov stock? I have seen some pictures out there, the cheak peice rolls to the right to allow use of the iron sites, and it doesn't require any modification to mount to the rifle. Does anyone know if/when saiga will be offering the .308 with that stock on it?