On 1/2/2019 at 5:55 AM, saltydecimator said:

saw a coat hanger DIAS on youboob the otherday.... when they outlaw bumpstocks,  only outlaws will have em...

Yeah, I saw that too.  Not that I have any desire to make one, but there is a .pdf floating around showing how.

looks like ye olde civil war 2 is gonna kick off faster than i expected.... they just made a whole group of law abiding citizens into felons, and they (gov) start killn some of those (citizens), the other ones gonna get pissed... 

lot more of us than there are overlords....

Edited by saltydecimator

Let's analyse that for a second.

We'd have to start by ignoring the fact that they couldn't find a statutorily valid way to call these a machine gun for over a decade of trying. The statute's language simply can't define one as a machine gun. 

So skipping that and just saying a bump stock IS a machine gun, then you would need to do an analysis on whether a deactivated bump stock was "readily convertible" into a bump stock. - Like any collapsible stock is if you hold the detente open, and mount the pistol grip to the stock.

This whole thing is untenable from the perspective of applying a law and then enforcing it. It only "works" on the basis of " well this is what our agency is going to do, and all the other agencies &/ interests with the ability to object have agreed not to call us on it."

NRA and Donny boy sold us out hard. GOA hasn't. Who knows what a judge will say, but if the judge actually applies legal analysis to it, I don't see how he can conclude that there is any authority to ban bump stocks which doesn't equally apply to all semi autos, and further, that the actual law does distinguish semi autos, so that can't be valid.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

That's part of what I was referencing above. But you could do a lightening link, or a DIAS out of wire, sheet metal, or if you want to put a little effort in, a pin, and a small block of metal. You could do it all in under an hour with nothing more than a drill and a file. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ban was bs.

In order not to become a provable felon I took my slidefire to my Sheriff the day the ruling went into effect. He was quite unaware of said Decree, and had his deputy look up the law.

We had a good conversation about the chickenshit ruling and he surmised how many might be in the county. He had the deputy to tag with my name and place in His closet, telling me if the law changes I can have it back and thanked me.

Recently, I heard only 1 other person in my county has turned theirs in, and we are both in the same obscure industry. I do work on military bases because we can pass backgrounds. Which I hear is rare for subs.

If I really need to bump my Saiga I'll just hold it loosely to my shoulder. Bumpstocks are not worth the hassle right now. But be sure that they are effective on a bipod.