Jamming issues

My S-12 is having issues with ejecting the spent shell.  It extracts with no problem but does not release the shell, usually the bolt recloses causing a double feed but on the last round in the mag the bolt will reclose inserting the spent shell back into the chamber.  I've looked over the forums but haven't seen anything like this.  It seems most peoples issues are fail to extract.

I bought the gun used, and had to drill out the gas ports to get it to run.  It was an auto plug to vent excess gas, but even when I closed it all the way (no venting) it still wouldn't release.  Even manually yanking the bolt back will not cause the shell to release.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Bill

unfortunately Uncle Sam has me away from the gun right now.  I remembered the forums and thought I'd drop in to ask the question.

A better question might have been is there one part for extraction and another for ejection or does something cause the extractor to release the shell?

It is a typical AK pattern. You have an extractor claw on the bolt, and there is a stationary ejector that is on the receiver cross support (ejector block). So the question is if your bolt is retracting far enough to strip the round from the bolt or if the ejector is damaged. 

Sometimes people installed rubber buffers that will prevent the action from opening far enough for the bolt to pass the ejector.. Or the trigger pack can come apart enough to prevent the bolt from fully cycling.

my money is on bubba'd parts, barring pics.... this is a pretty straight fwd machine, so just look stuff over while cylcing it manually and thinking objectively, youll figure it out

but until you post pics its gonna be hard for the experts to help ya...

Edited by saltydecimator

stand up straight with a stiff shoulder....its a combat shotgun

get us a picture straight down looking into the stripped action. im almost wondering if the ejector is flawed.

have you tried heavy loads or slugs in it?

Edited by Bvamp
  • Like 1