My old S12 got some upgrades

I've always wanted a better way to put a light and an RDS on my S12.

How my 10 year old shotgun started out:
gDTpXBWl.jpg

After recent upgrades:
UExJvlAl.jpg

Had to make a new rear sight block out of 4140.  Just got it back from Pete's Heat Treating Inc. yesterday.  Parkerized and gunkoted it.  This is the mounting point for a TWS dogleg.  This also has a Glock rear sight dovetail.  Actually had a tall ameriglo rear sight I got to throw on.
BO81y8hl.jpg

The rear of the dogleg on an S12 is very tricky.  Doesn't fit quite right with the AK74 folding trunnion with out some material removed and some added.
PrNms2Rl.jpg
tUmTJTOl.jpg

Front sight has an "adapter" block.  Also 4140.  The original rivet that makes up a front post was drilled out.  A socket headcap screw was shaped on the lathe the fit that hole and hold down the adapter block.  Adapter block takes standard Glock front sights.
DDrkk8Rl.jpg

The Khukov handguard was a bitch to install.  Has to mill some material away.  Rear mlok slots had to be removed.  The barrel is too wide there.  Had to mill a square near the front so there was a pocket for the bottom of the gas block to sit in.  Also had to make a block that slides into the receiver and protrudes for the rear of the handguard to bolt onto.  
yi4YF9Dl.jpg
8Al2gNrl.jpg

Still have to do more fit and finish work then more painting.  Love it so far.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...