Well on the 27th of Dec I had my right knee repaired. They trimmed  the torn meniscus that had folded itself in the joint causing a ton of pain .Cutting short my hunting season

They also said  in time I would need a new knee.Thurs it will be a month and I am doing great with little pain.

Over the years my body has gone through ton  of hurt.

1. Broken elbow

2. Broken ribs (3 times)

3. Broken nose

4  Broken Back

5.  Broken leg  and knee.

6.  Multiple cuts , stabs and rips of my torso and  I still think I am getting little tiny slivers of metal out of my finger nails every now and then.

7. And the now the other knee repair which was probably caused by landing on it hard to many times. in my early years

And then add to that a Massive PE  that should have killed me sending me into retirement , last year at this time.

I am retired and a blessed man (Blessed).  I start the tread mill next week and will hunt birds next fall ( you can count on that)

P.S. A business I have watched for years just got raided by the state and I do not give a darn any more. I guess I really am retired ( Time to get another coffee while I ponder reloading some 308) hope you all have a great and safe day.

REHAB HARD!  Don't hurt it, but the quicker you get it all working the better. I have a lot of old damage to this body, but my Grandfather gave me good advice, "If you sit you die."  Enjoy that retirement every day you can!

Have a ball and think of all the people who have to go work in the cold. Somewhere today there is a mechanic and helper unloading 20,000# of counterweights by hand. AND IT AIN'T ME !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, G O B said:

REHAB HARD!  Don't hurt it, but the quicker you get it all working the better. I have a lot of old damage to this body, but my Grandfather gave me good advice, "If you sit you die."  Enjoy that retirement every day you can!

Have a ball and think of all the people who have to go work in the cold. Somewhere today there is a mechanic and helper unloading 20,000# of counterweights by hand. AND IT AIN'T ME !!!!!!!!!

I promise  I will not rust out and the wife is holding me back so nothing happens

Work Its over Rated! Boy it felt good saying that!

Funny this topic comes up. Keep at it Jerry!

I was at the bank yesterday and an older guy was slowly working his way out of his car. I kinda hesitated and he recognised what I was thinking, and told me something like "thanks, but I got it, it just takes me a while."

I congratulated him. My grandfather just turned 95 and has had his neck/back broken or cracked at least 4 times that I am aware of, and has damage to his knee from running into a stancheon on his way to shoot at a zero. Also nerve damage in his feet. He stubbornly insisted on walking even when it hurt. A few years back he moved into a place that is kinda assisted living because it was better for grandma. There were people in their 60s who looked older than him, both in body and mind. He earned at least a couple decades of clear mind and independence. I plan to copy him, and have respect for other people who suffer through and do for themselves.

Don't let retirement get cha. Keep doing things that matter, and things where people need you.

p.s. I would like to hear what secret sauce you have for 300 BO. It's a fun caliber.

18 hours ago, gunfun said:

Funny this topic comes up. Keep at it Jerry!

I was at the bank yesterday and an older guy was slowly working his way out of his car. I kinda hesitated and he recognised what I was thinking, and told me something like "thanks, but I got it, it just takes me a while."

I congratulated him. My grandfather just turned 95 and has had his neck/back broken or cracked at least 4 times that I am aware of, and has damage to his knee from running into a stancheon on his way to shoot at a zero. Also nerve damage in his feet. He stubbornly insisted on walking even when it hurt. A few years back he moved into a place that is kinda assisted living because it was better for grandma. There were people in their 60s who looked older than him, both in body and mind. He earned at least a couple decades of clear mind and independence. I plan to copy him, and have respect for other people who suffer through and do for themselves.

Don't let retirement get cha. Keep doing things that matter, and things where people need you.

p.s. I would like to hear what secret sauce you have for 300 BO. It's a fun caliber.

150 grain plated flat nose bullet from Xtreem bullets 10.7 grains of IMR 4227 1250 fps 16inch barrel

Had to put in softer spring  but these are cheap and fun . I chop and form all my brass.  This load runs like butter

Thanks. I probably won't run anything which requires me to down tune my gun, but I do have a bunch of self cast 155 grainers, and IMR 4227.  I also made a custom mold for ~125-130 grain SP depending on the alloy. I have a 170 RNFP too, and expect to have a nicely streamlined ~168 grain mold soon too. (by chopping down the poor Lee 211-230-5r from the base.)

7 hours ago, gunfun said:

Thanks. I probably won't run anything which requires me to down tune my gun, but I do have a bunch of self cast 155 grainers, and IMR 4227.  I also made a custom mold for ~125-130 grain SP depending on the alloy. I have a 170 RNFP too, and expect to have a nicely streamlined ~168 grain mold soon too. (by chopping down the poor Lee 211-230-5r from the base.)

Got in on a 3 for one deal for 150 gr SSTs and loaded a bunch  they run hot and nice

• Like 1

I hear really good things about the 125 grain SSTs and have seen impressive hunting photos of those on whitetail. They are definitely in the top few for terminal performance, and would be a good HD choice.

14 hours ago, gunfun said:

I hear really good things about the 125 grain SSTs and have seen impressive hunting photos of those on whitetail. They are definitely in the top few for terminal performance, and would be a good HD choice.

I do have some 125 grain SSTs, it was the first round I ever loaded for 300

I used a Harbor Freight mini shop saw, Lee Dies, running them through twice ,one time with the expander and the second with out. Then I load them just as close to the lands as the mags allow with a light crimp. 

Did  tread mill for the first time yesterday and I feel great. The wife warned me to not over due it . So it will be her way (Man I love that  woman). 

• Like 1

Good deal. I thought I converted a lot of BO, but it goes fast. I had temporary access to one of those chop saw and jig setups and so I chopped all the brass I had on hand, some of which turned out to be on the list of brass not good for BO... I use the lee dies too. However, trying to make stuff feed in multiple guns prevents me from loading right up to the lands. 

If you can get an eliptical, I really think those are better exercise. Way easier on your joints, and they work more of your body. Chintzy ones squeak and aren't as fluid of a motion. The main thing I like about them is this: I HATE exercise machines, and whether a treadmill or stair stepper, the natural thing at any point is to stop and rest. It takes constant willpower to keep going. Not so with an eliptical. The motion itself is kinda satisfying, but there is no natural resting point, your weight is divided between your feet, and as you start to rest on one, it naturally flows into starting the next step. Keeping going is almost easier than stopping. So putting my brain on autopilot results in me keeping going. Put on a podcast or an audio book and come out of the workout trance an hour or so later.  I need to get one again.

I was taught to love walking and do it well.

I here you about the elliptical but for now is my treadmill. I think by the end of the month I  will head out to the range (if the boss says so)

She is just making sure that I will be okay.  Spent the day redoing my recording studio in my home office. Always something to do but now I have the time.

• Like 1