Lynx 12 Mods Saiga 12 true clone

So I love the Saiga 12 I personally converted dozens for my gun store several years ago. Never had a return or feeding problem.  Recently I acquired a Lynx 12 and I am thrilled they already have 90 percent of the work already done that the Saiga 12 did not!  The Lynx 12 is better quality than the Saiga 12 for sure. That being said it still could use a few mods. Today I started with the Bolt Carrier and Bolt.  The Chrome bolt Carrier had many rough edges so I used a Diamond hone to smooth up every edge. Then I did a little grinding on the bolt to allow the Gun to be loaded more easily on a closed bolt and to reduce friction as it passes over the next round. pics below.  I have about 300 rounds through the gun before performing these mods as i wanted to do true out of the box testing vs fine tuning. I will give a range report after next shoot.

J

57213176220__11D12700-5DA3-4978-912C-2B6828B1D83B.JPG

57213226017__E8B12466-EBCE-4CA5-AC2B-EE84BF411509.JPG

57213460584__77C9FBCE-2917-4E37-8337-01E8E7FFF6F7.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

The big reason the quality is better is SDS demanded it and paid for it.  They even have ever single hammer forged bolt x-rayed...  The Chinese can make good stuff.    The problem is most companies that contract work from them don’t demand it and want to pay as little as possible.  That’s why the Catamount line is such junk and some others.  Also most stuff China makes themselves to sell is junk.  They get away with all they can.  Look at all the counterfeit junk they make for export.  Bearings, batteries, and on and on...

...and they have ZERO scruples about making absolute trash. It's all about the Benjamins. No honor at all.

Stop watching them for a second and see what you get.

Lead paint on kids toys for one. Look it up. the list is endless.

The company I work for REFUSES to make garbage.

Edited by patriot
8 hours ago, patriot said:

...and they have ZERO scruples about making absolute trash. It's all about the Benjamins. No honor at all.

Stop watching them for a second and see what you get.

Lead paint on kids toys for one. Look it up. the list is endless.

The company I work for REFUSES to make garbage.

Yeah,  China has an utter shit government. Why those people don’t rise up and hang them all blows my mind.  Sheep...

• Like 1

I still don’t believe it. Granted I haven’t owned the lynx, the metal is always mysterious, corners are cut, and lacks spit and polish and fit and finish.  Can you give better examples of “this is better” than saiga?  I won’t contest that the russkies let out some crap,  but worst things it had goin for it was some unpainted parts, and some blocked gas blocks. Those things would be remedied with a work force that actually cared about the product it was producing. 

From experience, even the Lynx looks better in regards to fit and finish than the Saiga-12. The only thing that strikes me as off is the look of the selector. At the heart of the Saiga-12 it is a great weapon, but looking at these clones really makes the Saiga-12 look rough. Trust me, I didn't expect it to be that way either. Also, the fit and finish on the KS-12 is leaps and bounds better than the Saiga-12.

23 hours ago, saltydecimator said:

I still don’t believe it. Granted I haven’t owned the lynx, the metal is always mysterious, corners are cut, and lacks spit and polish and fit and finish.  Can you give better examples of “this is better” than saiga?  I won’t contest that the russkies let out some crap,  but worst things it had goin for it was some unpainted parts, and some blocked gas blocks. Those things would be remedied with a work force that actually cared about the product it was producing. 

I know what you mean but it is true.  The fit and finish puts the Saiga-12 to shame on all I have seen.  I have 2 of them as well.  These are made in the same factory that produced the type 56 AK.  Plus SDS was demanding quality.  I constantly see the lead engineer making trips to China as well.  Probably once a month or close to it.  Likely because you do have to keep your eye on China.  China does have access to quality material, weather they use it or not is largely based on if the contractor demands it.  At the price of them you should just get one and see for yourself.  It’s going to blow your mind because it sure blew mine!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

man, with that Turkish Grenade you posted, i just scared of anything at the moment! 

i did call SDS last week... they said their parts dont interchange with russki stuff...  or at least bolt and carrier.  said maybe gas block  and tube would work...

• 2 weeks later...