I know that there's been a lot of discussion over the years about adding a LRBHO to a Saiga 12, all the issues, various attempts, etc.  I bought my Saiga 12, 11 years ago when these were all the craze, did a few mods, bought a Cadiz's LRBHO kit, never installed it and for the last 10 years everything has been in the gun safe.  I dug it out the other day, did a few Google searches, then I logged on here to see what's been happing over those years and was shocked that nobody has made a LRBHO kit over those years.  I remember the VEPR coming out about that time and it came with a factory LRBHO so I'm sure that killed some of the designs that were being worked.  Now with the Lynx 12's coming to market I wonder if someone will start making a LRBHO for them as they're basically a Saiga clone.  I'd love to get my hands on one of the Warfield kits that Jeric once produced but finding a unicorn feels more probable.  

1 hour ago, Azrial said:

I thought that Cobra had one that was going to be in production, years ago. It has been years since I spoke to him! 

I tracked him down on Facebook recently and he said he never brought his to market and it didn't sound like he has any plans to unfortunately.  

I have one, put in by the Smith who made them. I haven’t shot it for a while but took it out a week or two ago. Unfortunately I had crappy ammo. Lots of failure to eject. 1200 FPS. Yes I know it’s a military assault shotgun. We’re gonna take it again this Sunday but I’ll be shooting buck.   I don’t xpect any problems but I will load my 2x20 and 2x12 (???) drums and an assortment of mags at home because my thumb all f***** up & I don’t want to spend time there loading and dropping shells on the ground.  Will try to report later

5 hours ago, TO THE FLOOR IN A 63 said:

I have one, put in by the Smith who made them. I haven’t shot it for a while but took it out a week or two ago. Unfortunately I had crappy ammo. Lots of failure to eject. 1200 FPS. Yes I know it’s a military assault shotgun. We’re gonna take it again this Sunday but I’ll be shooting buck.   I don’t xpect any problems but I will load my 2x20 and 2x12 (???) drums and an assortment of mags at home because my thumb all f***** up & I don’t want to spend time there loading and dropping shells on the ground.  Will try to report later

I look forward to hearing how it goes. Thanks for weighing it.

i wouldn't imagine that the failure to eject is related to the LRBHO...though I guess you see.

Good luck!

The problem was that there was no standardization, so nobody wanted to modify their gun with some proprietary thing if it wasn't going to end up being the standard.  The official factory one was on the Russian Spetnaz 030 gun, but those parts were not available and still very hard to come by.   Also, it's designed to work with the magwell and not everybody wants to convert to the magwell and modify their mags.  It also requires a different ejector block or a modification to the existing one

azz_1.jpg

So people would do it if it was a "drop-in" modification, but it is a complicated and involved modification

On 2/21/2019 at 11:46 PM, andrist1 said:

I tracked him down on Facebook recently and he said he never brought his to market and it didn't sound like he has any plans to unfortunately.  

I thought that he was still a vendor here at Saiga12.com? 

BUST

I only got through four magazines. Last round did hold the bolt open. But failure to load was another question. Bunch of times finally I just said I’m not having any fun and put the gun away then shot about 300 rounds of 45.  Never a damn problem with my Sig.  it was only about 28° out there, I’ll go back when it’s warmer and see if I can figure it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 5:03 PM, saltydecimator said:

i had a factory 109 with a BHO in it.... was model 109bho.  parted it out, wish i hadnt!

I had a couple of those too and sold them. Wishing I had held onto them as well.

• Like 1
On 3/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, Machinist said:

Thanks for selling me two BHO  guns through GunBroker. I still have them! 

From one Buckeye to another Buckeye...

No problem!  Glad you still have them!