Figured so!! Same price as the Chinese but not, perfect!!

im hoping that fugly stock adapter can be swapped out, and that OAL has some wiggle room. 

Maybe psa/sb tactical triangle arm brace be out soon and we can use that

Edited by saltydecimator
  • Like 1

Seriously scratching my head on why they didn’t rethread the barrel on this gun.  But I guess I scratch my head on why they kept the same flawed gas plug when they built the base gun as well...  

• Like 1

If it came with a factory moved gas block and a shorter barrel, I would see the point. It is neat that you can, but I would rather have a good stock than 6" less barrel.

K-usa say that it will run birdshot, the AWS one says only like 3.25 and up dram?  so maybe the pics etc dont account for a moved gasblock?  i dont know how much experience these guys really do have with kalashnikov pattern stuff, but surely they been around long enough to know that it needs to be shortened.  if its not, i feel its not as good a deal, as anyone can hack on a barrel and bore ports to 1/4"  i want actually refinement and good engineering for my premium dollars.  if not ill just kitchen-ninja something myself, and be happy with slightly ugly vs overpriced, under-worked.

youve mentioned it before, different thread, so whats this about gas pucks @MikeD

i dont understand the finer points of it,  could you convince one of hte AK aftermarket part shops to bring it to market?  we keep saying there is a buncha clones to sell parts to, and market is crap, but clearly the aftermarket guys dont need to sell to the whole world, they good with niche products...

The K-USA has a gas plug that is the same as the Saiga-12.  Only 2 settings.  The chamber volume with that plug is really large.  It is inefficient for low power ammo and let’s in way too much gas for most high power ammo.  It requires a tool to depress the pin to adjust it.  It lets a lot of fouling get to the threads easily.  I really wish the K-USA and Lynx both would have been stock with a better plug.  The V-Plug was kick ass for an adjustable plug.  It was the best I could do with the gun I had to work with.  Most of the other plugs that changed stuff lost effectiveness for low power ammo because they didn’t really understand what stuff was doing.  The Auto Plug was a nice idea but could have been better.  They still were somewhat over gases with high power ammo allowing excessive wear. 

The K-USA and Lynx could make a couple slight changes to the gun and come stock with an adjustable gas plug like I wished I could have made for the Saiga-12.  Better yet would be to design a better self regulating plug that required no adjusting and one that didn’t over gas with high power ammo.  If they would do this the gun would be much more reliable with low power ammo and stay much cleaner.  It wouldn’t have excessive wear with high power ammo.  The big thing to is the customer could spend their money on something other than a replacement part and have a worthless part they removed.  It could mean an extra mag that they could use or money toward some other accessory.  Screw the aftermarket because a better part should come stock on the gun is my feelings.

I would be surprised if they entertain that idea. Most of these companies will keep selling it the easiest way as long as it sells. Most will wait to improve things until the item runs out of gas sales-wise before they would even give it a second thought. 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, evlblkwpnz said:

companies will keep selling 

I think they just need to start  selling anything. Need funds.  Been working at stuff awhile with nothing in bank to show for it. And to offset payroll. That’s what the new mossberg ceo is doing? Throwing  stuff at the wall to see what sticks. That’s my feeling anyways, as this stuff feels kinda half baked and under planned?

Edited by saltydecimator
  • Like 2

The market being so down should really help bring new items and innovation.  The 9mm AK’s from K-USA should be a damn hot seller.  Little pricy right now though...  Their next step is going to be a AK-103.  I think that is a mistake.  They should have focused on an AK-107 if they wanted to wow us.  I can only yawn at another 103...

The shockwave was a huge success.  They sold 50,000 or so in the the first 8 months of it’s release.  New and cool...  They need to get a magfed semi released. Bet they would easily sell 100,000 or more the first year.  Hell, maybe that many of a semi magfed shockwave configuration alone...

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, MikeD said:

Seriously scratching my head on why they didn’t rethread the barrel on this gun.  But I guess I scratch my head on why they kept the same flawed gas plug when they built the base gun as well...  

They knew people would be sending them to me for radically short AOW builds, so the barrel was getting chopped and threaded anyway ;)

19 hours ago, MikeD said:

The market being so down should really help bring new items and innovation.  The 9mm AK’s from K-USA should be a damn hot seller.  Little pricy right now though...  Their next step is going to be a AK-103.  I think that is a mistake.  They should have focused on an AK-107 if they wanted to wow us.  I can only yawn at another 103...

The shockwave was a huge success.  They sold 50,000 or so in the the first 8 months of it’s release.  New and cool...  They need to get a magfed semi released. Bet they would easily sell 100,000 or more the first year.  Hell, maybe that many of a semi magfed shockwave configuration alone...

Well, others are beating them to the punch on the 9mm. Even PSA has one now.

I’m dying to get one myself.  Hopefully I don’t regret holding off on one but right now I just do t want to do it to myself.  Too much other stuff going on.  I fear if I get one I will spend a week anylyzing every detail I can of it.  I have problems, lol.

Slightly off topic, but the thread took a few turns and evl and mike are involved-do you think it's a fair statement that it's better to regulate how much gas is flowing through the port vs bleeding pressure off after the fact (taken from a discussion over on the AK files PSL, but should be a cross over to the shotgun platform).  And second, since you guys brought up AK pistol calibers, is there any advantage or innovation that a AK blow back has over  an AR blow back or any other blow back design? Just a little curious as to what the take on this forum is.

Or inertial. Keep a conventional Kalasnikov BCG, but change the length of the straight section of the camming groove, reduce the total amount of lock up so that forces transmit sooner. Carrier newton's cradles back, cams open the bolt with less force, no gas needed.

Sloping those surfaces is an obvious step, but patents...

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2019 at 9:18 AM, MikeD said:

The AK market is smaller: It used to be the tightwads, and those who had a mythical idealized view of Russian simplicity/durability/reliability. That latter group is very traditional, and posts stupid "nyet rifle is fine..." at EVERY improvement.

Now ARs are way cheaper than AKs, and so the tightwads are gone. That leaves the traditionalists. You don't wow that crowd, you sell them old ideas done as conventionally as possible. (Or convince them that the Romy M10 with tapco furniture is the traditional formula because they don't know better.)  The AK-103 has been around long enough to be "traditional", but is still seen as "High end". That justifies the higher cost of an american made AK.