I've been tempted by the AWS SPETS-12. It also appears that they did not move the gas block back.  I believe that K-USA would be a better product but I have no first hand handling of either.

From my limited experience with the two...

The KS-12 is beautifully made and is superior to the Russian guns in regards to build quality. Metallurgy? Rounds will tell. I want one of my own (I want to AOW a Comrade), but really need to offload some stuff first. I am finally starting that 6.5" build on a KS-12 for a customer. 

The Chinese guns (Lynx and Spets) look pretty good in regards to build quality and they have some well thought out deviations from the original design in a couple of spots. The trigger guard and safety are a little odd looking, but those are the only glaring dislikes that I have. the trigger guard is pretty easy to deal with and the safety just is what it is. I could get past it though.

Both fullsize clones run impressively out of the box (the ones that I tested), but I can't speak for the short ones. I wish they would have done them with a short gas system, but on the other hand it affords me the opportunity to do some work on them ;)

• 1 month later...

Ya the lack of shortened gas puzzles me. It’s the reason the saigas and veprs got a bad rap. If the gun won’t run and ya don’t wanna work on it you’re gonna be disappointed and talk all your buddies outta buying them. Super heavy fail on the part of Russian manufacturers and American importers...