Does this fit look right?

They made that part longer on newer guns circa 2012 I think. It basically prevents short shells from snagging up if they are pointed upward too steeply. 

It used to be that a couple of the custom would extend it on their race rigs to reduce possible failure points. IIRC Evil did, and maybe cobra? I forget. 

I first pointed out on the forum here that this needed to be done around 2007 or 2008.  The russians most have overlooked it because most the ammo over there is longer than ours here and the condition didn’t happen with their ammo.

It actually looks like that tang on the barrel made contact and bent inward.  It should be straight.  It might be contacting there first and causing the bolt to collide in other places it shouldn’t be...

It looks like it collided with the trunion where the red arrow is pointed.  The green line respresents the angle it is sitting at after being bent and the yellow line represents the angle it should have. Unless the pic is just making it look that way...

A49DBBB6-132F-4D08-A4B6-CC66788B2806.jpeg