What are your favorite pistol, rifle, and shotgun

They don't have to be factory built, none of mine are.

Pistol: Glock (it works and there isn't a lot of crap on it)

Rifle: AR15 (kind of hard to argue with the ergos and modularity of this)

Shotgun: Saiga-12 (I am not aware of anything that even comes close to the durability and potential of the Saiga-12)

16 hours ago, unclejake said:

All depends on what the job is at the time.... guns are tools. And ALLLLL of mine are my faves,  ....lol. But,  I will agree on the S12 for my shotty.... I trust my life on it.

I view them as weapons. They are not only used as a weapon, but that is the fundamental purpose of them and they will be the first thing we would like to have in our hands should things go bad. Basically, if I could only grab one pistol, one rifle, one shotgun, and roll, those would be my choices. They all feel just like home.

Favorite is kind of a "for what" thing.

Practical purpose and fun: S12/vepr, The AR as a generic idea because it is generally good, and is a good platform for me to tinker around on, TBD I like SA/DA 9mm. So far the berettas and clones seem as shootable or better than most of the others I have tried, but I don't love the control placement, and the grips are a bit wide.

I do like the S&W M&P line up in general. Probably more practical than the all metal DA/SA stuff. Just not as special feeling.

Probably the S&W 66 6" is the most satisfying handgun for me to shoot though. And I really enjoy the feel of the old long recoil shotguns like Browning auto 5, Most rifles to me, are kinda blah from a kinesthetic standpoint. But the ~10" 300 BO pistol or SBR with subs just feels fun to shoot. Hard to explain. It just feels happy and easy to use well.Even nicer with a can, which I really want.

• Like 1
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:05 AM, evlblkwpnz said:

I view them as weapons. They are not only used as a weapon, but that is the fundamental purpose of them and they will be the first thing we would like to have in our hands should things go bad. Basically, if I could only grab one pistol, one rifle, one shotgun, and roll, those would be my choices. They all feel just like home.

;)

1 hour ago, gunfun said:

Favorite is kind of a "for what" thing.

Practical purpose and fun: S12/vepr, The AR as a generic idea because it is generally good, and is a good platform for me to tinker around on, TBD I like SA/DA 9mm. So far the berettas and clones seem as shootable or better than most of the others I have tried, but I don't love the control placement, and the grips are a bit wide.

I do like the S&W M&P line up in general. Probably more practical than the all metal DA/SA stuff. Just not as special feeling.

Probably the S&W 66 6" is the most satisfying handgun for me to shoot though. And I really enjoy the feel of the old long recoil shotguns like Browning auto 5, Most rifles to me, are kinda blah from a kinesthetic standpoint. But the ~10" 300 BO pistol or SBR with subs just feels fun to shoot. Hard to explain. It just feels happy and easy to use well.Even nicer with a can, which I really want.

^ blasphemy!! Haha. 

I really dig the sw shields. They cheap, reliable, shoot great, carry a couple bullets and are compact and light enough that you don’t have an excuse not to wear it. 

“Rifles” I like AR pistols. They can be in my car loaded out here in colorful Colorado, and the incognito factor is nice if you want it.  I would like to see pof release parts to their new DI revolution line, cause spending premium dollars for name isn’t my bag

shotguns I like the vepr. Magwell, lrbho hinged top cover, doesn’t have that front  lip like on a saiga. Have had a lip shear itself with 3” mags on a 12 rder. (A nono, I know now...) but I think that’s irrelevant on a vepr?

• Like 1

The Glock is like a old worn comfortable pair of work shoes. You just put them on every day and go.

I have other pistols but I just find the Glock a habit. You would think that now that I am retired I would mix it up a bit but so far that has not come to reality. I have a XDM 40 4.5 in that I am brilliant with but  what can I say.

• Like 1

Most of my guns are a 'gun snobs' nightmare, but I love my gray turds...

Pistol:  I really like my BersaThunder Pro Ultra Compact 45ACP and my Tanfoglio (yes, it is butt crack ugly) .40.

Rifle:  Converted Saiga 7.62 and PTR 91 carbine.

Shotgun:  Rem 870

Sorry, had to pick two of each for pistol and rifle. 

• Like 1
On 3/24/2019 at 7:31 AM, unclejake said:

All depends on what the job is at the time.... guns are tools. And ALLLLL of mine are my faves,  ....lol. But,  I will agree on the S12 for my shotty.... I trust my life on it.

I agree here, I'd like to carry my Rem custom 308 except it weighs about 35-40 lbs + ammo, that is only one weapon..

• Like 1

Hmm.

Favorite pistol would be a EDIT: three-way tie between my CZ-75B, my PMR-30 and Taurus Judge 6 1/2”.

Favorite rifle would be the AK-47 for the punch, but an AR is nice.

Favorite shotgun would be my Saiga-12, followed by my M87.

Edited by Photoguy
  • Like 1

Glock 19, 5.56 10.5” SBR build, and Saiga 12. Those are the guns I train with and trust with my life. But as said earlier, they are tools, and typically the tools you use the most are your favorites.

ETA...The more I run the Lynx, the more I like it. It may replace the Saiga, but only because I love the Saiga and want to make sure she is passed on generation to generation.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

My personal favorite pistol is my Glock 19, it's been with me through countless range trips and I trust it to work every time. I also love my AR-15, it's a great rifle for target shooting and hunting. It's versatile and I can customize it to suit my needs. And when it comes to shotguns, my go-to is my Remington 870, it's a classic and always gets the job done. I've taken it hunting and it's been reliable and accurate every time. I also wanted to mention that if you're in the market for ammo, I highly recommend to buy 44-40 winchester ammo. It's a great round for both hunting and target shooting. I've been using it for years and it's never let me down. Happy shooting!

Edited by GerrandoT1981