SGM competition magwell...what mags?

The directions say to use SGM "C" type mags but I couldn't find them anywhere.  I read in a thread that regular SGM mags could be modded to fit. So far I'm not having much luck. Anybody know where to get the correct mags or want to sell me some?  Or do I need to mod them like they do for the JTE magwell? This is going on my Lynx 12.

SGM sold competition mags for a while, maybe they still do. Those match the SGM branded magwell, which had geometry copied from the JTE. I don't see any in stock anywhere.

All my mags are self modded from the rock and lock style, which wasn't too bad. Maybe half an hour with a file or belt sander to do the first one and 5-10 minutes each after you know what you are doing.

Done and done! Kind of.  Fitted the mag good enough to slightly muscle it in. Drops out freely when released. The mag release is being held in with a small screwdriver, so I'm gonna have to smack the roll pin in soon. Now I'm gonna try to make a flare from this warped vepr 12  competition magwell I bought a few weeks ago. Hoping to add that to my magwell for that sexy dissident arms look. I'll post up a pic if it goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been so long that I don't remember having any trouble with the spring. 

I think it is a good idea to fit your mags on the tight side, and run them for a bit.

As the mags wear in, you will see shiny impact/rubbing spots, and they will become looser and drop free. I wanted drop free with a tilt or a shake, but not loose and rattly.

I actually plastic welded a bit of extra material  on the back of mine after a while. Now they have a little more support, and are very solid, but still very fast. I would rather have a very secure and reliable reload with minimal motor skill required than shave a fraction of a second and have a rattly mag that is barely locked in on the mag catch to have a looser drop.